Lead Mobile Developer at AIM () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-03 05:01:02
I am seeking a Lead-level Front End Mobile Developer for a team supporting Self-Checkout and Omnichannel Transactions at my Fortune 100 Retail/eComm client.
- In this role, you will be a critical member of the team leading front end and working closely with UX. This is a cross functional team and you will work closely with business, UX, and engineering teams together. This role will be leading team members and representing front end team with those other groups.
- The work is split 50/50 between coding and running a stand up/driving team’s workflow. Someone who can handle mentoring new devs and loves to be in the code. For now, the team is in what they call Phase 2 and the focus is 100% bug fixes. Once into Phase 3, the work will then move to 75% new feature versus bug fixes.
- The team is currently building POCs and transitioning them into the wild – current releases are in two stores now. Self check out app is built into consumer mobile app. The team is fixing bugs right now and pushing out to customers in the near future.
- This team services new capabilities for the client. Candidates need to be technically inclined, have the ability to work closely with their teammates, take general direction, deal with ambiguity, and be a self-starter.
- This team is actively growing and is going to be splitting into multiple squads. The result will be a solely FE team – 4 devs, plus this role, a business partner, and an engineering manager. This team is also working closely with other teams: a QA team, a UX team (two UX designers and a UX lead), and a BE team with 6-7 devs.
- This is a Typescript team - everything is written in React Native and lives inside a mobile app. This team doesn’t touch Objective C.
- Non-development time is spent in fairly standard Agile ceremonies: iteration planning, retrospectives, product demos and design sessions.
- FED experience – willingness to be 50% in code
- Lead experience/willingness – willingness to be 50% “leadership”
- Mentor and coach new devs
- Communicate with UX, engineering, business, etc.
- Run stand ups and driving team’s workflow
NICE TO HAVES:
- Objective C, mobile app development experience
- Typescript would be strongly preferred
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.