Junior Software Engineer at Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd (Basingstoke, UK)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-03 05:01:02
Software Developer Your new company One of the worlds leading Television electronics company, If you want to do something extraordinary in your career, this is the place to be. We don't just create technology, services and content. We enliven senses, capture moments and create new experiences daily. We have been at the forefront of consumer tech for decades, and we stay ahead by inspiring and fulfilling curiosity. This is the world you could be part of. Your new role looking for recent graduated or junior developer to help my client is developing solutions for a range of image sensing use-cases. Some of these are in the agricultural sector and this project relates to the sensing of airborne pathogens that infect crops such as wheat, onions, maize, etc. The solution will include an advanced biosensor to create artificial conditions for the pathogen to multiply, the growth is then detected by an imaging system and an alert sent from the device to the cloud for further analytics. The device must be able to withstand long periods of maintenance-free operation in a farmer's field and consume the minimum about of power, so we can use a small battery and keep costs low. Hence, software optimisation and reliability are key. Key Responsibilities:
- Software development for an embedded system that comprises low-power microprocessor system (SPRESENSE), various sensors and a camera system hosted by a Raspberry Pi.
- The development and optimisation of embedded, control software to ensure reliability and low-power consumption, using a functional piece of software already created.
- Verification of software and improvement of debug facilities.
- Student studying or graduate of Electronics Engineering / Computer Science BSc/BEng
- Knowledge of C/C++/Python and Arduino, Raspberry Pi platforms
- Ideally some experience interfacing to environmental sensors, accelerometers, cameras etc
- Comfortable with hardware breadboard and prototyping systems
- Ability to work on own initiative and find creative solutions to problems
- Strong teamworking skills