Senior iOS Developer - Mobile at Gamesys Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-03 05:01:08
Gamesys Group is one of the world’s leading gaming operators, with millions of players and 1300+ employees. We believe passionately in what we do. Quite simply, we craft entertainment with care, building trusted brands and creating great experiences that always put the player first. Our award-winning brands – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – are some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
Working as part of a cross-functional team following agile practices to deliver iOS apps to support Gamesys’ growth. You will be encouraged to form strong relationships with your team and with other teams in the client area which includes web app development. You will be expected to follow best software practices including testing, test automation, code reviews, and refactoring as well as coaching and guiding junior members of the team.
You will be expected to and be able to evaluate upcoming new technologies and iOS SDK improvements: determine if and how they affect our apps, investigate what opportunities they present, with practical prototypes with the assistance of Gamesys Design and UX experts.An enthusiasm for learning new skills and helping us to improve working practices is highly desirable.
- Deliver and maintain new and existing iOS Apps using Swift and UIKit/SwiftUI.
- Help the team define development best practices and provide coaching for Junior developers.
- Help the team understand why we should use certain patterns and tools rather than just how.
- Ensure that impediments of any kind are escalated, and pragmatic long-term solutions pursued.
- Delivery of high quality well tested software that meets agreed requirements.
- Collaborate with other iOS developers, testers, and other teams working on front-end/back-end tasks.
- Support and promote Agile practices/SCRUM.
- In depth Swift experience, strong SwiftUI and Combine experience would be highly beneficial
- Working experience with Continuous Integration/ Automated Delivery pipelines (e.g.:Fastlane)
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems (Git/GitHub preferred).
- Experience writing unit and integration tests and adopting TDD practices.
- Experience with JSON, XML, REST, and interfacing iOS applications toserver-side APIs.
- Fluency in material design and SOLID principles: experience implementing Figma based design systems would be beneficial.
- Able to work in medium to large teams.
- Experience in integrating advanced animation systems tospeed up collaboration with Design (e.g.: Airbnb'sLottie).
- Experience in integrating and testing behavioural and acquisition tracking SDKs in a privacy sensitive / post App Tracking Transparency world is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of Objective-C, how to best bridge Swift and Objective-C, and how to take advantage of the Obj-C runtime are desirable.