Mid/Senior Software Engineer at Spyscape (London, UK) (allows remote)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-03 05:01:16
We are looking for a mid- or senior- software engineer to join our development team of five.We use Ruby on Rails and Node.js with PostgreSQL for our server-side web applications, continuously deploying them to AWS Fargate and AWS Lambda using CircleCI. We use React, React Native, and TypeScript for building rich client-side applications on SPYSCAPE.com, on interactives in our HQ, and as mobile applications.We care deeply about the quality of our work and we use code review and pair-programming to ensure our code is not only timely but also simple, clean and covered by tests. We use agile ways of working to ensure we are consistently delivering working software at a sustainable pace, seeking feedback from users and stakeholders early and often.
Our current projects include:
- Building a rich immersive mobile game for SPYSCAPE fans in React Native.
- Continuing to enhance the web site, including personalised spy-skills profiles
- Supporting and extending the physical HQ, including on-site interactives like the 360-degree Surveillance game, our RFID ticketing, and admin systems.
The current team members are based in London, Edinburgh and Portugal; we're open to anyone able to work the UK timezone.
- Exciting domain: Spies, games, lasers, physical installations, film festivals..
- Small, all-senior, fully-remote team with a lot of independence
- Varied work with lots of opportunities to learn
- Generous time off: 37 (!) days
- Open to flexible working arrangements
- Private health insurance, pension plan, etc