Senior C/C++ Software Engineer at MQA (Huntingdon, UK)
Location: Huntingdon, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-06 05:00:52
Software Engineer (C++/ C)
Fixed Term Contract / Permanent
Mid-Level / Senior
Full Remote is OK for UK cities
They’re a research, development company, pursuing technologies to achieve excellence in all aspects of audio entertainment including sound to content and broadcasting, through to playback devices.
They deliver the original sound of the studio in a format strong enough to stream and have won numerous awards. They are licensed by big record labels, services, and hardware manufacturers worldwide. You’ll report to the Principal Engineer.
You’ll assist to build our ecosystem of Software that spans a wide variety of platforms from powerful servers to highly constrained embedded systems and will vary from enhancements and bug fixing in existing products to hacking proof of concept software solutions and ground up building of new products. Delivering code that our partners can rely on is our highest priority. You’ll be working with a growing team of skilled engineers.
- Software Development in C++ and or C
- Modelling and development of signal processing algorithms in MATLAB
- Porting between platforms, such as x86, XMOS, SHARC, TI TMS320, ARM and MIPS including assembly language optimisation
- Implementation and optimisation of DSP algorithms
- Audio related desirable skills - DSP (Digital Signal Processing, Noise Shaping, Assembler Optimisation
Qualifications and Skills:
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a Physical Science
- Familiarity with modern development tools such as Git, Gitlab and Docker
- Familiarity with scripting language
- Either Python, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell and Windows batch files
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Mac OS X in addition to Microsoft Windows
They provide a flexible working environment. Due to COVID, they are currently using a home-based working model. Current offices are in Huntingdon and the successful candidate may need to travel there from time to time.
Their working environment is fast-paced, innovative, inclusive, and full of exceptional talent across many countries. During COVID, they have started internal working committees to ensure there is ongoing dialogue and action around well-being, team socials and support for flexible working. The successful candidate can look forward to all the benefits of being part of a smaller team with a flat hierarchy and a warm, supportive, and informal working culture.
They are committed to a diverse workforce and flexible ways of working.