Lead Software Engineer (m/f/d) at BCG Platinion (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-06 05:00:57
Shape the world of tomorrow
- Play a key role in build technology products and systems at varying levels of fidelity and scale from lightweight mock-ups to MVPs.
- Provide expertise in key aspects of software engineering such as architecture, security, scalability, performance, and usability
- Research new technologies and develop prototypes, POCs, and MVPs
- Interact with clients – lead ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions, demonstrate work to executive stakeholders, transfer knowledge and product support to client development teams
- Demonstrate technical skill and/or content knowledge in a discipline or field. Use state-of-the-art methodologies, tools, best practice with a high level of quality Lead mid-size to large projects (internally and externally) from the engineering perspective by establishing a sustainable pace for team's work, maintaining pipeline of products and projects, ensuring on-time delivery of product and projects, partnering with Product, Design, and Data teams, and providing weekly status reports to client team
- Contribute to growing the Engineering practice within BCG Platinion through mentoring and leading members of the practice in the field of software engineering — developing talent, providing direction, promoting Agile principles, and overseeing output and projects
- Contribute to the running of BCG Platinion’s IT consulting business by assisting with business development through writing proposals, scoping projects
- Contribute to our thought leadership through written publications and speaking at events and conferences
- Travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites.
You can help us make a difference if
- You bring 6+ years of hands-on development experience with a broad mix of programming languages and technologies
- You have a degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- You bring passion for software engineering and following best practices
- You have a strong understanding of technical project leadership, with specific focus on systems thinking and Agile methods and principles
- You have proven success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
- You have experience leading groups of engineers, evaluating performance, and providing feedback
- You enjoy working with both technical and non-technical colleagues in a cross-functional, interdisciplinary environment, including strong written and verbal communication skills
- You write high-quality, tested code using multiple paradigms or being comfortable with Object-Oriented programming
- You have experience with continuous integration and deployment
- You got strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done"
Additional considerations may be given to those who bring experience with some of the following:
- Scripting and object-oriented languages, e.g. Python, Node and C#
- Understanding of web services and message formats such as JSON, XML, Graphql
- Experience in working with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure as well as managed services on those platforms such as Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
- Experience with native & hybrid mobile development for various platforms (iOS, Android), mobile languages and frameworks (Objective-C, React, ReactNative, and Java)
- Experience in working with designing data platforms, relational and noSQL databases
- Experience in working with emerging technology like AR/VR, IoT, AI, Blockchain.
- Experience in Data science and visualization application such as Hadoop, Databricks, Spark, d3.js
How you can grow with us
As an integral part of our Design and Engineering team, you have the chance to face and solve complex challenges every day together with a dedicated team of talented colleagues from all over the world. Within a community of about 400 engineers from BCG Platinion and BCG Digital Ventures, you will foster engineering culture, agile mindset, creativity and collaboration. Thereby, you will have the opportunity to actively shape and further develop your future environment. By travelling around the globe to work with international clients and BCG teams, you will grow and strengthen your individual network.
Become a part of our team
Apply via our online portal now, with your CV, examples of your work, a relevant project list, all pertinent references, and writing sample/cover letter, as well as your portfolio/git repository that demonstrates your affinity for software engineering and shows how you approach digital challenges. If you have any questions, please contact Mike Stertz at +49 221 58958-324.