Senior Software Engineer (w/m/d) Regulatory and Cross Product Technology Cli at Deutsche Bank (Eschborn, Deutschland)
Location: Eschborn, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-06 05:01:15
Our people are building careers around the world.
Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d) – Regulatory and Cross Product Technology – Client Lifecycle Management
Details of the role and how it fits into the team
Regulatory and Cross Product Technology aims to be an industry leading function that delivers sustainable regulatory compliance through technology automation and competitive operating leverage to create a safe and controlled operating environment that protects the Deutsche Bank franchise and its clients. In order to do this, we must ensure that we remain an engineering focused organization. We are looking for technologists who demonstrate a passion to build the right thing in the right way. You will work as part of a cross-functional agile delivery team, including analysts, developers and testers. You will bring an innovative approach to software development, using the latest technologies and practices, as part of a focus on business value. You will be someone who sees engineering as team activity, with a predisposition to open code, open discussion and creating a supportive, collaborative environment. You will be ready to take a leading role in all stages of software delivery, from initial analysis right through to production support.
Your key responsibilities
- Work as part of a delivery team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyse and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them and support them in production
- Collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and testers. Use test driven development, write clean code and refactor constantly. Make sure we are building the thing right
- Ensure that the software you build is reliable and easy to support in production. Be prepared to take your turn on call providing 3rd line support when it’s needed
- Ensure that you can build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste
- Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Help create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond by sharing skills and knowledge in a wide range for topics related to software delivery
Your skills and experience
We are happy to consider candidates with a wide variety of educational backgrounds and qualifications. Qualifications in computer science, business and economics are beneficial for the role. We also look favorably upon candidates with equivalent practical experience. This could have be gained in the workplace or in other contexts, such as contributing to open source software or working on personal projects
- Minimum 6 years development delivery experience, with 3 or more years of delivery within Agile SDLC/teams ideally with CI/CD and a good understanding of a micro-services based development approach
- Experience, working within an agile environment and using modern engineering practices
- Using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery to ensure that changes can be quickly and safely delivered to production
- Architecture and design approaches that support rapid, incremental and iterative delivery, such as Domain Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing and microservices
- Understanding of creating and manipulating data on an Hadoop environment using HDFS Ability to converse with stakeholders and gather basic requirements and develop technical solutions
- Ability to share information, transfer knowledge and expertise to team members. Training of more junior members of the team, as well as ability to share engineering experience within others
Your Tech Stack
- Practical knowledge of Java, the JVM, object orientation using Test Driven Development (TDD) and ideally Behavior Driven Development (BDD) within a Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) environment
- Experience of frameworks such as Spring Batch and Spring Boot
- Experience of Docker and Kubernetes. Exposure to a range of modern build tools, such as Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
What we offer in return
- An inspiring work environment
- Efficient and collaborative teams
- Competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Multiple development opportunities
We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results. We welcome applications from talents from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities, beliefs and generations.
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do.
Julia Sophie Rostek E-Mail: [email protected]
Apply online at www.db.com/careers
We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.