Senior Software Engineer, FactSquared (Full Stack) at FiscalNote (Tulsa, OK)
Location: Tulsa, OK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-07 05:00:06
About this Position
FiscalNote is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our FactSquared team within the Data Science and AI Research department. Youll help scale and improve our end-to-end capabilities by designing, building, and supporting services for ingesting, storing, augmenting, analyzing and serving data. Youll work closely with our researchers, designers, and engineers to define performant solutions to complex open-ended problems using various natural language processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), and Information Retrieval (IR) techniques, build light-weight applications, and play a critical role in delivering them to the thousands of organizations that depend on FiscalNote.
About the R&D Team
The Research and Development (R&D) Department at FiscalNote is where the magic happens. The Department includes the Product, UX & Design, Technology, and Data Science and AI Research Teams. These teams work together to develop and deliver solutions to FiscalNotes clients. The FiscalNote FactSquared team builds statistical, NLP, and ML enabled services for intelligent data aggregation, manipulation, augmentation, and generation. Our team has a wealth of diverse life and career experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. We enjoy ending meetings by discussing our favorite theorems or nitpicking the latest news article on political models. You'll get the opportunity to work at an institution pushing the boundaries of open data transparency, while collaborating with some of the industrys brightest engineers and data scientists to devise, nurture, and implement cutting-edge solutions to continuously evolving engineering obstacles.
You thrive in collaborative environments in which the free-flow of ideas serves as the catalyst for bold results. You ground your work in software development frameworks while creating solutions that deliver the best results for user experience.
Youre comfortable around ambiguity with a high degree of autonomy, and are excited about solving complex, open-ended problems by distilling the complexity as simply as necessary to build or adopt solutions that work. Along the way, youre comfortable communicating what youre thinking to both technical and non-technical audiences, taking in others ideas as well as expressing your own.
You readily solve problems by applying statistical solutions and systems thinking, especially leveraging NLP and ML tools, and are excited about productionizing off-the-shelf solutions as well as experimental code to push the bounds of peoples expectations.
What To Expect In This Role:
- Design, communicate, and lead development of solutions to complex problems, serving as the lead on projects and providing guidance to team members.
- Improve FactSquareds core in multiple ways, from optimizing algorithms to building scalable, high-performance models and data structures using various NLP, ML, and IR technologies.
- Participate in the full development cycle to design and deploy services to efficiently productionize solutions and evaluate quality and monitor performance.
- Design and implement data pipelines for data ingestion, validation, cleaning, and monitoring.
- Bring data systems to life from storage to access by connecting databases, custom APIs, and lightweight server-side applications.
- Design and implement proof of concept solutions.
- Identify opportunities to improve our codebase using your knowledge of front end, back end, and integration technologies.
- Collaborate with Data, Engineering, and Product in ideating solutions and technical implementation with team members distributed worldwide.
- Create tooling for data review and augmentation.
What Sets You Apart:
- Experience working in an iterative development environment, serving as a technical project lead and supporting the successful completion of projects in collaborative remote teams.
- Experience with PHP, Python, SQL and Elasticsearch (or other Lucene-based system).
- Experience working with applications that use AWS platform as a service (Lambda, ECS, EKS, etc).
- Experience designing data models, data pipelines, and RESTful APIs to support product features in a scalable way.
- Understanding of software engineering concepts and frameworks.
- Knowledge or experience working with CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge or experience with HTML/CSS, and JS frameworks (preferred).
- Basic knowledge of ML and NLP with experience working on AI, NLP, ML, or statistical analysis projects (preferred).
- Interest in politics and/or financial markets a plus.
- Data is wonderful; being interested in the data, even better.
Reference ID: #LI-AW1
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience Find the Truth Drive Alignment Level Up Own the Job Bias for Action Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNotes tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNotes growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure were all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure youre getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.