ICT Associate (DevOps) at UNOPS - The United Nations Office for Project Services (Valencia, Spain)
Location: Valencia, Spain
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-07 05:00:37
Under the overall supervision of the UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the incumbent will be operationally working under Information Systems Officer and administratively work under UNOPS personnel and will:
- Design and develop changes in assigned projects to meet the dates and objectives using knowledge of complete development life cycle from analysis to deployment.
- Assist the business in defining the right technical portal architecture to support the business requirements.
- Participate in the preparation of all documents related to project development.
- Maintain assigned portions of systems, providing operational support for system’s applications, analyzing and implementing system changes/upgrades, etc.
- Prepare, update and maintain system’s documentation and related technical/procedural manuals.
- Assist in the set-up and monitoring of software performance measures.
- Represent the team in a professional manner when dealing with internal and external clients.
- Ensure that the service provided adheres to the operational standards for quality and timeliness.
- Participate in Helpdesk support services.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
Monitoring and Progress ControlsThe result of work of the ICT Associate (DevOps) impacts directly on delivery of services that satisfy the requirements of the Division as well as the performance of the services implemented. It will also ensure proper processes and methodologies are followed and implemented according to the latest of the industry standards. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring activities for all global locations are in line with the overall business targets and UN policies, rules and regulations. Education/Experience/Language requirements
* FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY* CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLYa. Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A University degree or technical/professional diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, Engineering or any related technical field may replace some of the required number of years of experience.
b. Work Experience
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible professional experience in the field of ICT, administration or other related fields is required. A candidate with a Bachelor’s degree must have at least two (2) years of experience in the relevant area. A candidate who has a technical /professional diploma must have at least four (4) years of experience in the relevant area;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in development and support of web application projects.
- A minimum one (1) year of experience with DevOps;
Desirable: (The following experiences are optional. Candidates who do not have them are welcome to apply):
- Exposure or knowledge in any one of database management tools (RDBMS); i.e. MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- Knowledge in Windows Server and MS SQL Server administration is an advantage.
- Fluency in English (write, read, speak) is a required.
- Knowledge of a second UN language is an advantage.