Senior Production Support Engineer at NowPow (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-07 05:00:45
NowPow is seeking a Senior Production Support Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. Reporting to Head of Engineering, you will own NowPow's engineering support processes, help to identify the root causes of customer issues, collaborate across our teams to support our customers, and help us monitor our platform functionality and customer integrations.
We are a fast-paced and growing company, and you will have the opportunity to define and build our processes, clarify roles and responsibilities, and support our customers in their work to connect people to services within their communities.
- Partner with our Production Support Team to support our customers
- Help our team to troubleshoot potential bugs in our platform
- Act as point of contact for support escalation within the engineering team
- Work to diagnose and define bugs with our QA team and get them to the right team to fix
- Monitor our logs and alerts to proactively support our customers and their integrations
- Own and improve our Production Support Escalation processes
- Improve our process for investigating and tracking escalated support issues through to completion by defining communication protocols, tracking rules, and process improvements
- Help us to automate and improve our general support tasks for managing our customer configurations
- Define support escalation processes and policies to clearly define how and when to escalate to our engineering teams
- Build tools to help us diagnose, debug, and support our customers
- Collaborate with Production Support and Engineering to ensure that customer issues are addressed effectively and in a timely manner
- Partner with our Engineer, Product and QA teams to improve the quality of our platform
- Collaborate with our Architects, Team Leads, and Security/DevOps engineers to improve our platform, improve our logging and alerting, and reduce support issues
- Work with our Production Support team to monitor and track escalated issues and help to prioritize, debug and resolve issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of enterprise software development experience and experience with Web UI Technologies
- 4 + years of experience in a support engineering role
- Demonstrated experience building, maintaining, operating, or debugging modern web applications
- Ability for assessing, debugging, and solving problems with practical solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization
- Ability to be a self-starter who can meet both short- and long-term business goals
- Experience in healthcare strongly preferred but not required
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a company-wide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating, and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game - and look forward to being able to do so again!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Please apply now to join our growing team!
Equal Employment Opportunity
NowPow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NowPow evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit, and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities, and general treatment during employment.