Web Developer/Technical Analyst at Air Line Pilots Association (McLean, VA)
Location: McLean, VA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-07 05:00:46
Location: US-VA-Tysons (McLean)Job ID: 2021-0019# of Positions Type: 1Experience: 5Category: Information Technology & Services - Web Developer/Technical AnalystExternal DescriptionWeb Developer/Technical AnalystThe Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA), the largest airline pilot union in the world and the largest non-governmental aviation safety organization in the world (representing over 59,000 pilots at 35 U.S. and Canadian airlines) seeks an experienced Web Developer/Technical Analyst for our Tysons (McLean), Virginia office. The Web Developer/Technical Analyst gathers user requirements, perform systems design and analysis, and develops and tests web applications and other application/database integrations that can be complex and also provides input for the lifecycle development of web projects, allowing for integration of corporate technical architecture standards and strategy. They collaborate with Web Architects, Web Developers, Data Analysts, and other technology specialists in the implementation of projects and strategy. Researches, identifies, and recommends design and technology infrastructure alternatives. May assist in the design, when appropriate, of new alternatives. May provide input to management regarding technology direction and technical problems. Ensures consistent use of technical architecture standards and assists with complex problem resolution efforts.They are responsible for developing IT project plans, program development for database and web projects, and evaluating current and future IT technologies for possible deployment throughout the Association. May work with business knowledge experts, association leadership, and data analysts to define the vision of ALPA's data store and translate reporting requirements from a logical design into the physical database(s) repositories. They utilize and ensure compliance with departmental, MEC, and Association development, application, and data policies and procedures; collaborate with colleagues in other departments frequently; and, advise management regarding changes to standards and policies.Success in this position requires an excellent communicator who is detail-oriented and consistently exercises skills in delivering solutions that represent a thorough understanding of what their client/customer base wants as well as what will best serve the MEC's and/or the Association's strategic goals.Travel: 5 - 10 %.Interested applicants are requested to submit online portfolio link(s) showing previous work.Minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area, e.g., Computer Science, IT, Web Applications, or related field, from an accredited college or university required; master's degree or completion of post-graduate courses in related field preferred; or, the equivalent combination of education and practical experience.
- Five (5) years of related experience required, ten (10) or more years strongly preferred. At management discretion, additional directly applicable experience may be substituted for the academic requirement.
- Expertise with Sitecore, EVOQ, Google Cloud Search, Visual Studio.Net, ASP.Net, C#, JAVA, SQL Server preferred.
- Expertise with systems analysis, design, and requirements gathering.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Experience with Visual Studio SSIS and the development of ETL and data wrangling processes a plus.
- Experience defining data structures and data integration practices for business intelligence uses a plus.
- Experience using automation and web performance tools, also a plus.
- Knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, for effective interaction with all levels of contacts, internal and external.
- Must be a self-starter with professional maturity and sound judgment, capable of independent decision-making.
- Must possess exceptional time management skills; be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment; and, transition easily between projects.
- Ability to write documentation for internal use.
- Experience in end-user security administration helpful.
- Working knowledge of Intranet/Internet application development.
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles helpful.
- Software: Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
Physical Demands:Note: The physical demands described herein are characteristic of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential physical activities of this position described below.Constantly operates a computer/smartphone/tablet. Regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move about the office, determine what others have said or written, and converse with others and exchange accurate information.Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, and move about the office and travel locally and nationally; international travel may be required infrequently. Also includes occasional bending, stooping, squatting, and/or pushing and pulling or moving, e.g., to pack, unpack, and/or move cases.Occasionally required to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve binders, books, boxes, and files up to ten (10) pounds (lbs.). While on travel, may be responsible to move, raise, reach, and/or retrieve luggage weighing as much as 50 lbs. (Assistance may not always be available.)Relocation not provided.Sponsorship not available for this position.PM19