C# Software Engineer - Windows UI heavy development at Shapr3D (Budapest, Hungary)
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-07 05:00:51
We’re looking for a motivated Windows Application Engineer to help us bring our next-gen 3D modeling app to the most used CAD platform. If you’re interested in building world-class UI, don’t hesitate to apply – even if you don’t have hands-on experience with Windows UI technologies. Now is the time to give your career a new direction.
Within the organization
You’ll report to our Engineering Manager within the Windows Team and you’ll work in strong collaboration with our dedicated product designers to deliver the same high-quality experience that has already attracted thousands of users.
We work in an agile environment with a strong focus on well-structured code, testing, and continuous integration. We do our best to build a sustainable code that enables high speed and high quality. Pragmatic decisions and approaches help us maintain a good balance between quality and speed. We don’t have dedicated roles for specific tasks; every engineer is equally responsible for engineering design, implementation, as well as unit and integration testing.
From Ákos Kapui, our VP of Engineering:
“Our focus is on making sure that all our teams are empowered and incentivized to make decisions independently. People aren’t afraid of taking risks, setting ambitious goals, and in some cases, failing. We know how to learn from our mistakes.”
Read more about our engineering philosophy here.
What will you do?
- Help us drive our mission forward and make Shapr3D available on Windows device
- Work on creating native experiences and build the technical foundation of the Windows application
- Build magical user experiences andsimplify complexity through high-quality design
- Participate in design, implementation, as well as unit and integration testing
- Deliver high-quality work and always aspire to learn and grow on the job
A sneak peek into our stack...
- Our cross-platform CAD engine is written in standard C++17
- On Windows, we ship our app as a Universal Windows App and write the majority of the native code in C# and XAML
- We also use some WinRT/C++, mostly for gluing C# and C++ together
- Our proprietary rendering engine uses native DirectX APIs
In an ideal world, you have:
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with Windows application technologies (ideally with relevant industry experience)
- Proven track record of writing high-quality, testable, maintainable code
- In-depth architectural design skills
- Experience with C++ and in developing mobile apps is a huge plus
- Windows UI experience is a huge plus (UWP, WPF)
And the following applies to you and will help you thrive at Shapr3D:
- Curiosity fuels your journey
- You are dedicated to building products that break the mold
- You like to take ownership of things and to learn from your mistakes
- Quality code and very robust architectural decisions define your approach, but you can also move fast and build things with flexibility
- Users and data lie at the core of your technical decisions
- Users and the product come first. The team next. And your ego last.
What does a successful first 6-month period look like at Shapr3D?
Solving problems in our domain requires an in-depth knowledge of computer architecture, operating systems, and computer science – but more importantly, you have to understand our product. The first couple of weeks of your onboarding will mainly focus on learning and understanding our practices, while later it will shift towards autonomy and efficiency. You’ll be guided and mentored by experienced engineers throughout the whole onboarding process.
Now let’s fast-forward 6 months into the future. You have designed, implemented, and released multiple features to production. You’ve had countless occasions where you had to make decisions on how to best solve a specific problem. You’ve also received numerous pushbacks and feedback from your teammates which eventually led to a better outcome. You’ve learned tons of new things during this period, and your work and contributions have inspired others to do the same.
What do we offer?
- The chance to build a world-class product and be an owner of the company with your own shares
- A down-to-earth culture and an opportunity to scale things up together with the best professionals in the field
- Unconditional support for your professional development – be it reading a book or attending a course to grow your skills, it's on the house
- Relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
- 100% sick leave payment and a generous Medicover healthcare package (upon passing your probation)
- A gorgeous office with a panoramic view of downtown Budapest*, well-stocked with snacks and coffee on us (and a company Wolt account while we’re working remotely)
*Our team is currently working remotely. We're very grateful to be able to continue our work throughout the pandemic.
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.