Mobile Web Developer, Mid-level - FAA at Cobec Consulting (Philadelphia, PA) (allows remote)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-07 05:01:01
Position: Mobile Web Developer, Mid-level - FAA
Location: Philadelphia, PA/Remote Site/Cobec Site- Washington, D.C.
This position will apply advanced mobile web development techniques to solve complex decision problems. Candidate will use high performance computing, big data analytics and data visualization tools and techniques to assist in making acquisition decision and to maximize operational effectiveness and efficiency. The candidate will work in a team to develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality while keeping up to date with terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps. Essentially, contributing to the design, testing, releasing and support of the application. This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Years of Relevant Experience
The position requires 5+ equivalent years of experience in mobile web development.
Essential Job Functions
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from this position if the work is similar, related, and/or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Individual will have an interest and ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment with constantly evolving responsibilities and work priorities
- Individual will be self-motivated and a proactive team player and will be required to contribute effectively to working groups through oral and written communication
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market
- Extensive knowledge of at least one programming language like Swift and Java
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Identify and plan for new features
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Suggest and implement new mobile products, applications and protocols
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
- Use and adapt existing web applications for apps
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Developing new features and user interfaces from wireframe models
- Ensuring the best performance and user experience of the application
- Fixing bugs and performance problems
- Writing clean, readable, and testable code
- Cooperating with back-end developers, designers, and the rest of the team to deliver well-architected and high-quality solutions
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience with .NET CORE – TAP Connected
- Experience with XAMARIN for iOS App – TAP APP
- Familiar with Oracle DB for TAP connected & TAP App development
- Experience with Selenium using C# - Web based automation testing
- Experience with Appium - Mobile automation testing
Must be a US citizen or a legal resident for three of the past five years.
Must meet eligibility requirements for a US Public Trust security clearance.
Occasional travel required as needed by client/s and/or company