Full Stack PHP Engineer at The Lifetime Value Co. (New York, NY) (allows remote)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-08 05:00:04
About the Job
LTV is looking for a Full-Stack PHP Engineer to join our growing team. Your experience here will give you the opportunity to touch upon and learn a broad spectrum of skills up and down the stack as well as a breadth of technologies in any one layer. If you're comfortable developing high-performance web pages, helping with database decisions, debugging complex issues that span multiple systems, learning about infrastructure, and working on cool new products then this might be the job for you. You will have a voice in what you build and you'll have the opportunity to prove your ideas right with data and testing. At LTV, we all work closely together across teams so there's no red tape or bureaucracy. We get things done!
What You Will Get to Do
A software engineer joining our team would be expected to not only handle the normal bug mashing and feature implementation but also work on making our software and processes more developer-friendly. We expect our team members to be vocal about problems they see as we prefer to be proactive rather than reactive. If you're going through a code base and see inefficiencies that need to be attended to, we'll get them on the short-term road map or, in some cases, just work it into an existing sprint depending on what makes the most sense. Our engineering team is a strong proponent of the phrase "leave it better than you found it."
What You Bring to the Table
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or even a Ruby-centric developer bootcamp.
- 2-4 years of professional full-stack coding experience and have a good grasp of PHP.
- Familiarity with PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Laravel, Symphony, etc).
- Intermediate level English required.
- Comfortable working with various databases and picking up new technologies.
- Familiarity with Unix-based operating systems and Docker/Kubernetes
- A passion to learn
- Someone who takes the initiative to teach themselves cutting-edge tech.
- Excitement around performance optimizations, experimenting with new features, splitting big applications into smaller apps, and rapidly iterating on a piece of code.
Your Reward for Greatness
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Great health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Sanvello and Talkspace through United HealthCare's Behavioral Health Benefits
- Life insurance and personal accident insurance fully paid by LTV
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Sick Time provided
- 401 (k) plan with fully-vested company matching - Eligible Day 1!
- Flexible Savings Account/Health Savings Account
- Free ClassPass On-Demand workouts
- Weekly meal delivery through Seamless
- Tax preparation through Henry.tax
- Student loan repayment & financial wellness resources via Peanut Butter
- Password Management with 1Password
- Company organized volunteer days
- Professional development training and opportunities for professional growth - as we grow, you grow!
- If you want to WFH, you are in the right place. We have a remote-friendly culture.
- Customize your work setup with the equipment you prefer
- An innovative, energetic culture with great people to work with!
Why LTV Co.?
If you have ambitions to be a part of a high-growth, results-driven, industry-leading organization, LTV is the place to be. LTV builds exciting data products and then we market them with passion. We're a fast-growing company in New York City that balances the culture of a startup with the stability of being an established, profitable company. We want to work with people that strive to be in the top .01% of their field. We understand that getting to the top takes hard work, constant improvement, and by making data-driven decisions. It's a thrilling time to join the team, as we're expanding our product offerings in exciting new ways, driving innovation through data, marketing, and web & app development.
We believe in diversity and hiring people from all backgrounds and walks of life. You must be energetic, inventive, a team player, and looking to help build and grow the company each and every day. You must have an inner desire to win and the idea of losing is a non-starter. If you are looking for a position that allows you to work with a group of smart and dedicated people who will support you but still provide the autonomy you need to execute your strategy, then you should probably apply as soon as you're done reading this!
LTV was founded in New York by Josh Levy and Ross Cohen in 2007. At the time their mission was to provide easy and affordable access to public records. Something that in 2007, was only really accessible to corporations. Since then their mission has expanded to developing products and services that grant access to information and data across a number of verticals. In service of this mission, LTV has 7 consumer brands including BeenVerified, NumberGuru, PeopleLooker, NeighborWho, Ownerly, PeopleSmart, and Bumper.
Our mission is to develop a diverse portfolio of technologies, products, and services, that gives all people equal access to unbiased data and information. We believe that through this access people can empower and protect themselves in today's ever-changing world, filled with fake news, deception, and a lack of transparency.