Laravel Developer - 100% Remote at Cazana () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-08 05:00:05
Car & Classic is looking for a Laravel developer to join our small team, work remotely, and help build the world's best classic car website.
Car & Classic is Europe’s largest classic car classifieds website with 2.5 million unique visitors per month.
The website has been around for over 15 years and is trusted and loved by many. We have an extraordinary team of car enthusiasts, designers, technologists, and operators and we’re looking for another expert who can help get the best cars in front of our audience.
Our vision is to build the largest and best marketplace for classic and specialist vehicles globally.
About the role
You'll be working within a small engineering team that is always looking to improve. You'll get to work on important features and given autonomy - and with a small team, your impact is integral to our continued success.
You'll focus on ensuring Car & Classic runs smoothly for all of its users. You will help design & deliver features for our customers within our Laravel codebase & (less and less) in our legacy home-grown PHP codebase which we're actively migrating to Laravel.
This role requires strong written & verbal communication skills, alongside extensive PHP knowledge. You'll be given the autonomy and space to focus on your work, without micro-managing and unnecessary status updates.
Our current tech stack
- PHP 7.4
- Laravel 8
What do you get (remuneration & benefits)?
- Salary range: £36, 000 - £44, 000 dependent on experience
- The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- A central London office and meeting space to use when you need it
- Access to free counselling, therapy and mental health support via Spill
- Access to free personal/professional coaching via a trained internal coach
- 25 days holiday, all bank holidays off and any period of closure over Christmas also paid.
- Learning and training - AWS Certification, Eloquent Performance Patterns, and more
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up that is disrupting a huge (£34Bn annual) industry.
You should be a detail orientated developer who is comfortable with asynchronous communication. You should always be looking to improve and grow. You should be a self-starter able to manage your time and commitments.
Role and responsibilities
- Delivering high quality, tested, PHP code
- Reviewing colleagues pull requests
- Documenting key architectural decisions
- Prioritizing long-term thinking to solutions over short-term bandaids
- Contributing in Sprint Retros, Sprint Planning, & technical speccing
The skills, attributes and experience you must have:
- Passion for improving the codebase, team, and processes as we go
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience working with Laravel & PHP on complex high traffic websites
- MySQL knowledge
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
Skills, attributes and experience it would be nice for you to have:
- Vue.js Experience
- UI Experience
- Asynchronous communication experience
Our application process
After an initial video chat with our Engineering Director, all qualifying candidates will then be invited to complete a short development & review task, where you'll have the opportunity to see how we work and make sure you'll enjoy the job.
There will then be a video chat with potential colleagues to see if you'd enjoy working with us and to help see how you'd improve our culture. If all goes well you'll be offered a permanent position!