Software Engineer - Internal Applications at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® (Lenexa, KS)
Location: Lenexa, KS
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-08 05:00:35
Jack Henry and Associates is seeking an Advanced Software Engineer within our Internal Applications Development Service Team (IADS). This team member will participate in design, architecture, implementation and testing of our software applications. This developer will need to be able to develop any slice of the application layer topology including the data layer, application layer and UI layer of applications that the team implements and maintains.
Working as part of the IADS, reporting to the Core Delivery Manager, this team is responsible for maintain and developing internal applications for Jack Henry as well as many different integrations between other supporting Jack Henry applications.
A qualified candidate will have previously worked in an environment where continuous integration and the ability to deliver a working product with each sprint was a primary objective. To be successful in this position you need to be self-motivated, have good research skills, and be flexible to keep up with rapid changes in technology.
This position can be based to work out of the Jack Henry offices in Springfield, MO, Monett, MO, or Lenexa, KS, or remote. Remote candidates must be based within 200 miles of one of the three offices listed.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in C#/.Net development.
- Experience with Visual Studio required.
- Experience with SQL required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% for team meetings at Jack Henry offices.
- Degree in business, software engineering, or computer science.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- SQL Server 2012 or higher experience.
- OOA and OOD experience.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- REST based API development experience.
- Automated unit testing experience.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which require research.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides reasonable task and project cost/effort estimates.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. May participate in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.