Software Engineer - Graphics / Linux at SUSE () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-08 05:00:56
SUSE’s open, open source approach helps our customers and partners move their businesses forward, transforming IT, delivering increased agility and faster innovation.
SUSE’s Engineering & Innovation (E&I) oversees the technology innovation, and product and solution development and delivery of SUSE’s global portfolio, built within various open source projects and communities.
Within E&I, the Hardware Enablement Team is a group of a dozen people in different locations with different areas of expertise, ranging from small peripherals to crucial system components (e.g. GPUs) to specific platforms (ARM, IBM POWER).
Objective of the role
A Graphics Software Engineer is responsible for maintaining and further development of the graphics stack for SUSE Linux Enterprise and openSUSE distributions. Some example projects for this role include improvements in remote desktop applications (VNC, RDP) and migration of X.Org setups to Wayland.
· Development of new code and backporting to older releases.
· Bug analysis and bug fixing.
· Close collaboration with upstream communities.
· Technical discussions with SUSE partners and other stakeholders.
· Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or comparable qualifications.
· Excellent knowledge of the C programming language.
· Open source community participation.
· Experience with system-level programming.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Shell and/or Python programming.
· Knowledge of the Wayland protocol and overall system design.
· Knowledge of the X protocol.
· Knowledge of OpenGL, EGL and/or Vulkan.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested, click Apply now to upload your up to date CV. A recruiter will contact you if your skills are found to be a match for any current or future open positions. If you are looking for something else, you can also join our Talent Community and we will keep you up to date with our latest news and career opportunities.
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship, or any other legally protected status.