Full-stack software developer in Workforce Optimization at RELEX (Helsinki, Finland)
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-10 05:00:29
We are looking for full-stack Software Developer to join our RELEX family in our Helsinki office. You will be part of Data team in RELEX Work product, responsible for Workforce Optimisation.
Data team currently is team of five developers and owns set of services that are core of our product and that enable customer integrations in our system, using some of the cutting-edge technologies and following some of the best principles for building APIs. All our services are run on our cloud native infrastructure and the team is responsible for maintenance of those and building new services.
The aim for the team is to allow us to scale the system quickly, reliably and efficiently to more and more customers, thus maximising the real impact our software has. In practice the systems take care of our public json API’s, administrative UI, several integrations and a configurable payroll interpretation system. Our Workforce optimization software is affecting thousands of employee’s work shifts and lives, so the impact you would have is concrete.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing clean and reliable code with automated tests
- Doing code reviews and writing documentation so we have well documented software
- Participating in planning of new features and services and defining team roadmap
- Maintaining current services, refactoring, bug fixing and improving code quality
- Participating in agile team practices and the development of them. We do not follow any agile practices by the book, but have a pragmatic take on them, mostly based on Kanban
- Collaborating within the team and with other internal teams
- Sharing knowledge and helping other team members succeed in their roles
What we consider as an advantage:
- Experience on building configurable systems that have just enough configurability to enable flexibility, while keeping things as simple as possible
- Enthusiasm towards automating manual tasks. We love automating everything that can be automated
What we offer you in return:
- Possibility to work in a cutting-edge tech stack environment that is run in Azure. Our microservices are run by Kubernetes and Docker. Services are built in React, React Native, TypeScript, NodeJs, Elixir (Phoenix Framework) using Postgres for storage
- An international career and learning opportunities in a rapidly growing software company
- A fun, ambitious, and committed team of smart people to work with
- A respectful and professional, yet easy-going atmosphere where individual thinking is encouraged
- We promote remote working and flexible working hours, although we also value collaborating face to face (outside Covid, that is)
- We like to move fast: see your good ideas realize without extensive bureaucracy
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply today and become a part of our RELEX family!
You can apply using the application form as soon as possible, but no later than 16th of July 2021. Please note that we will fill this position as soon as we’ve found the right person, so we recommend that you act quickly.
If you have questions, our Talent Acquisition Specialist Vismit Chawla is happy to answer them by email vismit.chawla[a]relexsolutions.com.
Due to the severity of COVID-19, we’ve moved to a remote working mode. Restrictions being in place, we’re currently unable to schedule in-person interviews, relocate new employees to our offices, and onboarding is primarily completed remotely, depending on the country-specific recommendations. Our mission is to keep everyone safe while adapting to changing times.