Senior Java Developer at Siemens AG (Katowice, Poland)
Location: Katowice, Poland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-12 05:00:13
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrows reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
As a Senior Java Developer you will participate in developing breakthrough Electronic Design Automation (EDA) software, which is used by our customers to create a variety of amazing products, from smartphones to satellite systems. You will be working across disciplines, organizational and geographical boundaries to rapidly develop world-class software in Mentor Electronic Board Systems (EBS) SaaS portfolio. We believe in Agile development, so our teams are expected to be self-sufficient and perform without the classical management structure. Furthermore, these teams foster a culture that allows everyone to express their views, be a contributor, and grow as a professional.
- Develop new competitive functionalities and support the existing software solutions.
- Determine operational feasibility by analyzing problem definitions, requirements, proposed solutions, and development options.
- Analyze requirements and contribute to all levels of the architecture.
- Participate in software design and code reviews, provide guidance to your teammates, and help develop new talents.
- Collaborate within and outside your Agile team in an international environment.
- Balance engineering creativity with high quality and customer focus.
- Be a problem solver, demonstrate tact, and remain assertive in difficult situations.
- Be on the forefront of development practices and technologies.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelors, Masters, or higher degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Electronics, or a related discipline.
- Excellent Java knowledge with significant experience in Java programming.
- Excellent analytical skills and an understanding of advanced data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with the client-server architecture.
- Ability to work with either front-end or back-end side.
- Experience with object-oriented software design and design patterns.
- Experience in building complex systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Experience with software development best practices for the full engineering lifecycle.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of electronics domain will be a plus
Were Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Siemens. Making real what matters.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Polska Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time