Senior Cloud Architect - SISW - 257088 at Siemens AG (Wilsonville, OR)
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-12 05:01:11
Job Title: Sr. Cloud Architect - SISW - 257088
Job Location: Wilsonville, OR
Job Category: Product Management,Portfolio & Innovation
Abrand new team. A brand new opportunity.
Youre a Cloud Architect. You know how to design greatarchitecture for new software solutions. You understand how to leverage themost out of Cloud offerings. You embrace Agile and Scrum as your preferred wayof working and youre at your best when youre collaborating with teams ofdevelopers and engineers. And now, you have the chance to be the leading CloudArchitect in a brand new team who will build our new SaaS architecture and beat the heart of this high profile new group.
Siemens EDA, is a global technology powerhouse. With someof the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence,innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years. You might notknow that were focusing on a new SaaS offering for Electronic Board Systems,to complement the existing market leading desktop and on-premise solutions. Theteam is focused on delivering cloud solutions that leverage the investmentsmade in our desktop and on-premise products, our Siemens Cloud solutions, aswell as our market leading low-code platform. Were proud to work in afast-paced environment where agile development is embraced and innovation isencouraged. If this sounds like the kind of opportunity youre looking for,heres what youll need to know.
Whatwill I do?
- Design our technical Architecture - youlllead this for all software developed in the EBS Cloud team. Working closelywith Product Owners, you develop the software architectures we need to addressbusiness opportunities that were going after. The architecture design activitycould be prototype code, researching an emerging technology, developing applicationsand microservices, testing harnesses, DevOps pipeline steps, and clouddevelopment technology. Youll implement software ideas, collaborating with thebroader network of Siemens Cloud architects to develop an Electronics solutionthat builds on the existing cloud architecture. Youll write stories forsoftware implementations, and the test code to validate them.
- Solve Problems - Youll assess businessproblems and system needs, identifying and building architectural enablerswherever theyre needed. Youre going to solve complex problems, so youll haveto find rational, well-informed solutions and get things done in acollaborative way - we dont like silos here!
- Provide and share technical expertise -Youll enhance and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies,industry trends and standards, but youll share this knowledge, providingtechnical guidance to the development team, mentoring and guiding engineers,and being an advocate and role model for Continuous Delivery. Youll be at theheart of planning, making timeline commitments and providing effort estimatesthat help us stay on top of our plans.
- This role is at the forefront of our new team -youre a leader. Youre at the heart of technical expertise across the team,promoting transparency and connecting people at every opportunity by sharingyour knowledge. At Siemens, everyone has the opportunity to positively impactthousands of customers, and you will be called on to identify, realize, anddrive these opportunities as our Cloud Architect.
Were looking for three keythings
- Technical expertise as a Cloud Architect.
- The ability to solve complex problems withsimple and elegant solutions.
- A track record of building great applicationssoftware Youll already need to be an experienced Cloud Architect - someonewith experience as a full stack engineer, for both server and client-sideapplications, and a track record of building and maintaining highly scalabledistributed systems. Youll need the knowledge that comes along with aneducation in software engineering or computer science, backed up with realworld programming and coding skills gained from working in service-orientedarchitectures. Object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problemsolving are second nature to you, and you love nothing more than finding andimplementing the kind of software solutions that offer feature-richcapabilities. Your skills include using containers and container orchestrationtools like Kubernetes, and youll have a solid understanding of Cloud securityprinciples, as well as knowing how to optimize costs for cloud products. Ifyouve already designed at least one complex, scalable, high-performancesoftware system that has been successfully delivered to customers, we want tohear from you. Youll need at least a few of these things in your tool kit forthis role:
- Modern programming language, preferably in C#or Java.
- Node.js, Expres.jss, and TypeScript.
- Securing APIs with JWT, SCIM, OpenID and OAUTH.
- AWS cloud services.
- Experience with CI processes and technologies
- Experience in applying your skills to EDA, PLMor Supply Chain applications Well hire someone who brings great positiveenergy to the role. Youll be at your best when youre diving in to explore newtechnologies and trends to see their practical possibilities, and youll be thekind of person who thrives on sharing what you know in a collaborative way - ifyoure regularly using Stack Overflow, Jenknis and Git Hub, youre probably ourkind of Architect. Ideally, youll be very comfortable presenting to executivesand influencing decision-making, but just as happy to mentor junior softwareengineers, building their confidence and supporting their development too.
Whats the catch?
There is none. We offer a great salary and benefits -everything youd expect from a world-renowned company. You get to join at thevery start of a high profile global project with the backing of a great leader.Youll be surrounded by passionate and driven colleagues who share a vision forthe success of this team, and youll have every opportunity to grow and developat the heart of our organization.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build abetter future. We need the mostinnovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrows reality. Find out more about the Digital world ofSiemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementSiemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the LawApplicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination ProvisionSiemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy NoticeCalifornia residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.