Software Engineer (React JS) at eBay Classifieds Group (Sydney, Australia)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-13 05:00:39
CarsGuide Autotrader Media Solutions (CAMS) is an innovative leader in automotive classifieds in Australia. Our brands CarsGuide and Autotrader help Australians find the vehicles they’re looking for in their local communities. Carsguide.com.au is the #1 site for the automotive audience in the country covering car reviews, news and advice produced by our team of expert motoring journalists. Autotrader.com.au is the second-largest dealer network of customers in Australia, where private sellers and dealers can confidently buy and sell vehicles with over 100,000 new and used cars for sale all over the country.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be involved in the planning and development of new features for both the Autotrader and CarsGuide brands. You will work with multidisciplinary teams to efficiently craft features that are feasible to the business and phenomenal experiences to our customers. You'll be capable of building efficient, testable, and reusable code that solves complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Contribute to building and maintaining features on our frontend platforms.
- Delivering highly scalable software solution.
- Participate in technical design discussions and code reviews.
- Focus on testing to guarantee application stability.
- Partner with engineers, product managers, and other specialists in the business to ensure platform features are efficiently crafted and launched.
- You have 2+ years working with ReactJS.
- Knowledge of website performance optimization.
- Experience with website test automation.
- Experience with SEO driven applications.
- Familiarity with cloud services such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Services.
- Exposure to Docker, and CI/CD platforms.
- VueJS experience is a bonus.
- Flutter experience is a bonus.
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta*.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta* offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta* and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. Most employees in Australia have been able to safely return to our offices in the last months. As a result, our interview processes will now have the option of being held face-to-face again.
*eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including CarsGuide and Autotrader in Australia, mobile.de in Germany, and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.