Full Stack Engineer - PHP (all genders) at Goodgame Studios (Hamburg, Deutschland)
Location: Hamburg, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-14 05:00:03
Become a part of our unique success story and join us as Full Stack Engineer - PHP at Goodgame Studios. We self-publish our games in-house and have all relevant professions under one roof: Art, Game Development, Quality Assurance, Community Management and Customer Support to Business Development, Marketing, Analytics and Central IT services. We are focused on achieving long-term, sustainable success thanks to our expertise, economic vitality, and by selecting the best talent around.
What will your role be: As a Full Stack Engineer you will join a department responsible for both legacy and new software projects. You will work on designing and implementing new features as well as supporting our existing systems. You have excellent communication skills and are able to effectively communicate with non technical staff. You don’t shy away from a challenge and take ownership of your code.
- Design and deliver new features with high-quality
- Develop across both the front-end and the back-end
- Improve and extend the existing infrastructure and automate processes
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Work closely with a variety of stakeholders in different business domains
Who are we looking for
- Several years of previous programming experience
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies: EC2, ECS, RDS, SQS
- Familiarity with one or more PHP frameworks (Symfony, Zend, Phalcon)
- Technical understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases (designing and querying)
- Comfortable working with legacy software
- Proficient English language skills
Why join us
- You join a supportive team in a pragmatic, yet challenging environment, with short communication processes and flat hierarchies, perfect for growing your skills
- Remote work and flexible working hours
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a balanced work-life balance
- Free access to fresh fruits, snacks and drinks
- A gaming and lounging area with access to our beautiful rooftop terrace
During this difficult time of the Covid-19 pandemic, the safety of our employees and everyone else is of utmost importance to us which is why we switched to a solely virtual recruiting process and are offering our employees to work remotely from anywhere within Germany. We are still hiring and happy to receive your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree)!
Your contact person for this job offer is Juliane Voigtländer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 500 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront AB in 2018. Stillfront AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.