Senior Java Developer, SAP Fieldglass at SAP (Naperville, IL)
Location: Naperville, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-14 05:00:15
Requisition ID: 291414Work Area: Software-Design and DevelopmentExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: ProfessionalEmployment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. Thats why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because its the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve peoples lives.
Who We Are:
Your career at SAP Fieldglass is what you make of it. You can forge your own path, switch business units or solve a problem that no one has before. With office space in Chicago, London and Brisbane, as well as an employee presence on 6 continents, we are a diverse global company with a family feel. Inspired by change and by each other, we take pride in our innovative culture that created and continues to shape our market-leading, best-in-class solution. At SAP Fieldglass we dont follow trends, we set them!
- Best of both worlds: start-up culture with the backing and benefits of SAP
- Focus on continuous professional growth and development
- Promote healthy work / life balance
- Committed to our communities and the environment
- 2016 Moxie Award winner for best office space.
What We Do:
Businesses are racing to be more competitive in an environment where workforce is pivotal. Companies need the right talent at the right price at the right time. SAP Fieldglass accelerates the engagement of talent and provides total workforce visibility to maximize cost savings and improve worker quality. Our cloud-based, open platform has been deployed in more than 140 countries and helps companies transform how work gets done.
- Forrester Research, Inc, positions SAP Fieldglass as a leader among services procurement providers
- KellyOCG® Supplier Excellence Award Winner
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering software modules and components related to Java technologies. In this hybrid role, a key part of your work will be centered around researching and evaluating security threats, vulnerabilities, and finding solutions, so having prior experience addressing security issues is a must. This is an on-site position in either our Chicago or Naperville office, but we open to other locations within US too.
- Participate in the lifecycle development of software systems using either waterfall or agile methodologies.
- Design and build proof of concept prototype solutions.
- Analyze and translate functional specifications and change requests into technical specifications.
- Perform impact analyses of new features or changes to existing features within the Fieldglass application.
- Execute unit and system testing of the design once the solution has been developed, and work closely with other team members to efficiently deploy the code to production.
- Support software deployments to customers.
- Institute programming techniques that are free from logical design and technical implementation flaws.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of attack vectors that may be used to exploit software.
- Leverage attack tools to evaluate your work for software vulnerabilities.
- Counsel your colleagues on secure programming practices.
- Research/identify flaws and remedy development mistakes.
Were Looking For:
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science or related course of study.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer and/or Security Engineer.
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation is required.
- Interest in all aspects of security research and development.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If youre searching for a company thats dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.