Location: Tulsa, OK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-14 05:00:35
About the Position
We are driven to connect the people of the world to the information that serves them best. Throughout that journey the Software Engineer on our Applications Operations team will support and enhance our web app functionality in Ruby on Rails (Reactive Rails), Node microservices, and our Python middleware services in a full-stack approach to development. You will have the opportunity to identify, create, and maintain internal tools for trending processes collaborating with other cross-functional development teams and functional teams throughout the organization.
About the Team
Our Technology organization has a diverse wealth of experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. You will get the opportunity to work at a late-stage startup pushing the boundaries of open data transparency while collaborating with some of the industrys brightest engineers, data scientists, designers, and product professionals to devise, nurture, and implement solutions to address continuously evolving and increasing client expectations and demands.
As a Software Engineer working on applications operations, you will get the opportunity to work at an organization pushing the boundaries of open data transparency, while collaborating with some of the industrys brightest engineers and data scientists to devise, nurture, and implement cutting-edge solutions to unique problems. You thrive in collaborative environments in which continuously evolving and increasing client demands serve as the catalyst for bold results. You enjoy the thrills of being a first responder at the forefront of action empowered to thwart evil as you bask in the cascades of experiences in the software technology lifecycle.
What to Expect in this Position:
- Work with cross-functional teams to support and improve products and features
- Identify and implement standards and best-practices
- Quickly identify and troubleshoot issues that span across technical stacks and infrastructure
- Maintain rules of engagement to meet necessary response time SLA with other teams and keep open communication throughout the engagement process
- Identify, create and maintain internal tools to address the needs of trending processes
- Build upon web application functionality in Ruby on Rails, particularly with a Reactive Rails paradigm, as well as Python and Node applications throughout the application stacks
- Work across teams to ensure cohesion and collaboration across R&D functions (Engineering, QA, Data, etc.)
What Sets You Apart:
- 5+ years of experience in the software development industry with demonstrated ability to work across diverse stacks (ex. Node, Ruby on Rails, Python)
- Working knowledge of production environments (AWS, Unix, Bash, nginx, etc.)
- Experience writing and achieving high rates of adoption on developer-facing internal tools
- Database experience in each of the following: SQL, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Legacy Enterprise Application integration and/or migration experience (preferred)
- Experience with web security, writing secure code, or OWASP (preferred)
- Development within containerized application and orchestration environments (Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Containerd, ECS, etc)
- Queueing Systems (RabbitMQ / SQS) experience preferred
Reference ID: #LI-AW1 #LI-Remote
FiscalNote is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At FiscalNote, we Lead with Values
Know your Audience Find the Truth Drive Alignment Level Up Own the Job Bias for Action Support the Family
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, and at the right time so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNotes tools, analysis, news, and award-winning journalism delivers context, clarity, and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.
If your background and experience align with the competencies above, we encourage you to apply so that we can review your experience and learn more about how you can add to FiscalNotes growth and success.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure were all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure youre getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.