Senior Front End Engineer (React/TypeScript) at Privitar Ltd (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-14 05:00:46
We are looking for an intermediate to senior Front End Engineer to contribute to our new emerging Greenfield product, which is in its early stages of development.
Privitar is a rapidly growing Data Privacy Enterprise Software company based in London, building software to enable the safe and ethical use of valuable data for analytics and machine learning. We work with large organizations worldwide in financial services, telecommunications, pharma, and government, enabling them to get the most out of data without compromising on privacy and security.
Privitar is pioneering the new enterprise software category of sensitive data management, with deep domain expertise in data privacy. The company aims to define and lead this category, capture the market on modern data platforms; and address a social issue of growing importance. Our technology enables organizations to make data available efficiently and safely to drive data-driven decision making, capture value and reduce risk.
Backed by world-leading private equity and venture capital funds who’ve invested in companies like Crowdstrike, BEA Systems, Slack, Dropbox and Spotify to date we have raised over $150million in funding and have ambitious growth plans, despite challenging economic conditions. In 2020, our team nearly doubled to 200 people and we continue to hire great people. The company was recently lauded by The Sunday Times as one of the “10 Tech Ones to Watch,” ranked #18 on the 2020 Deloitte Technology UK Fast 50 and honored as one of the FinTech50.
Hiring during Covid-19
The Privitar team is working remote at this time, and our interviews across all roles have been adapted to operate virtually. As a result we’ve hired and onboarded more than 40 people virtually since the pandemic began. We have developed our ways of working to make sure new joiners feel part of our team straight away. No matter which office location, we have figured out how to hold virtual socials, monthly company all hands, bi-weekly lunches, cooking clubs, and we even have a stipend to optimize your remote working situation. We’d love to hear from you and to tell you more about us and all of the cool stuff we’re doing.
At Privitar, you will own your work and work closely with our design team to build lean, highly-performant products while solving the interesting technical challenges in the emerging space of Privacy Engineering.
Our new application is built using Typescript alongside React on the frontend, and based on top of modern GraphQL APIs. We care a lot about architecture, and believe front end code should be as well structured and tested as the back end application. You will contribute to our internal React frameworks we have constructed to make building UI easier for the whole engineering team; as well as working on building out the product functionality to meet business needs.
You will have a keen eye for beautiful UX, and appreciate polish in user interfaces. You will contribute towards and improve the development practices and processes within the team and be a touch-point on all things front end for the wider engineering team.
- Contribute to architectural and technological decisions involved in a modern web-based application (using React, and TypeScript).
- Contribute to the creation and adoption of an internal framework, i.e. a reusable library of complex components to solve common problems such as data display and user input.
- Build a user-focused, accessible and data-intensive product that our users can navigate and use with ease and accuracy.
- Work with product managers, senior developers, tech leads, and engineering managers, to advocate and communicate our rapidly evolving product requirements.
- Implement new features in existing products, in an extensible, scalable and well-tested way.
- Be an advocate for good UX and work closely with the design team to achieve polished and attractive features.
What you'll need to bring to Privitar
- At least 3 years commercial front-end development experience, of which React is a large component.
- Experience with a typed language, such as TypeScript.
- Experience building software which is complex and/or data-orientated.
- Understanding of underlying web technologies, e.g. HTML, CSS, HTTP protocol.
- Familiarity with testing libraries (e.g. Mocha, Jest and Cypress) and approaches (e.g. unit testing, e2e testing, UI component tests).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially in explaining and justifying technologies, patterns, and decisions.
It would be useful but not essential if
- You have exposure to full-stack or backend development, especially Java
- You have exposure to AWS technologies.
- We use GraphQL, so previous experience helps but isn’t wholly necessary.
What we give you in return
- 30 days holiday allowance in addition to UK Bank Holidays. We value work-life balance and encourage team members to take it all.
- Private Health Insurance with Vitality
- We match pension contributions up to 5%
- Stock Options - everyone has a share in Privitar
- 20 weeks full pay maternity leave, 12 weeks full pay paternity leave
- Sickness, Critical Illness, Worldwide travel and Life Insurance
- Technology - company paid for mobile phone and mac.
- Bi-weekly whole company virtual lunch. £20 allowance. Good food, great company
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular virtual socials to keep you and your colleagues connected