Senior Director Security Engineering & Architecture at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX)
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-14 05:00:54
Would you like to ensure the security of our global organization?
Are you passionate about infrastructure security?
Join our Digital Technology Cyber Security Team
We operate at the heart of the digital transformation of our business. Our team is responsible for the cybersecurity architecture and data protection for our global organization.
Partner with the best
The role includes, but is not limited to, driving the architect, build out, and implementation efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance alignment w/ the product roadmap with a focus on security application development & automation. The role leads a team of architects & security engineers and focuses on converting requirements into the architecture and design, leveraging standardized patterns to enable scale, stability, and consistency.
As a Sr Director - Architecture, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing a strategy for Security Engineering & Architecture for Baker Hughes.
- Leading a global Security Engineering & Architecture teams located in multiple regions (NA, EMEA, APAC)
- Defining and establishing security protection programs for data, software, and systems through risk management protection and governance programs across all technical domains.
- Driving the security posture and define risk levels and mitigating controls based on emerging threats and actors.
- Developing security strategy plans and roadmaps based on application security best practices and provide guidance and hands-on experience to project teams in design, development, and maintenance of security solutions for cloud and applications
- Developing action plans and research planning on the basis of a year.
- Designing and developing cloud and application security policies, standards and procedures related to account and tenant management (SSO, SAML), DevSecOps, CASB integration, proxy server management, data protection, password/key management, vulnerability/threat assessment and other security disciplines as identified
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Have a minimum of 15+ years of experience in the digital technology domain, with 10+ years of hands on technical experience designing & implementing security solutions
- Have a minimum of 7 years of experience in a leadership / management role
- Be able to travel based on project requirements
- Be legally authorization to work in the U.S. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
- based on trends. Acts as industry expert by participating in defining standards and open source initiatives
- Creates a culture of customer focus and high performance to drive innovation. Creates and pitches value for the BH business while balancing that with the competing value for the external customer
- Establishes framework for a culture of successful collaboration by defining a common understanding of who has decision rights and accountability, and how collaboration and transparency are rewarded
- Establishes vision, Identifies and champions internal/external best practices, tools, and ideas to improve execution and quality. Drives an organization of efficiency, accountability and ownership
- Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions.
- Evangelizes and contributes to the BH standards for critical thinking best practices and methodologies across the enterprise. Defines new critical thinking methods. Engages with external thought-leaders and communities on analytical and critical thinking methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity