Web Developer, Fireside at FiscalNote (Washington, DC)
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-14 05:00:55
Thank you for your interest in this position with Fireside. The recruitment for this role is being managed by FiscalNote's Recruiting team (parent company), so you are in the right place! Please continue to review this opportunity and apply at your interest. We are excited to review your background. Thank you!
About the Position
As a Fireside web developer, youll collaborate with project managers, designers, and clients to create custom solutions for congressional offices online presence, including their website and email newsletters. Youll work with other developers to produce well-structured, well-documented code.
About the Fireside Team
Fireside provides software-based communications solutions to Members of Congress that allow their teams to work smarter, reach further, and discover more. Every day, we help our clients foster stronger connections. www.fireside21.com
What To Expect In This Position:
- Build and test HTML email newsletters that function and look great in multiple email clients
- Identify and troubleshoot down websites, broken pages and links, and console errors
- Suggest and implement improvements in the web development process
- Work with the Account Team to resolve tickets pertaining to new website or email feature requests and/or bugs
- Work with Project Managers, clients and designers to lead the website project design process and implementation to ensure it meets the clients needs
- Work with other developers to ensure assets are being dealt with properly to maintain efficiency and organization
- Evaluate code to ensure it meets industry standards and is valid, properly structured, and compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
What Sets You Apart:
- Basic 508 compliance knowledge, ability to build websites that meet WCAG AA standards
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL
- Comfortable with version controlGit preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe XD
- Strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Familiarity with backend technologies such as .NET and C# (preferred)
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment, learn rapidly, document your work, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
Reference ID: #LI-AW1
Fireside is continuing to hire new talent, with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. New team members, along with our current staff, will temporarily work remotely (unless communicated otherwise).
At Fireside we are passionate about making Congress work better and more efficiently, and that has propelled us to become the fastest growing software vendor on Capitol Hill. We have a fun, casual and collaborative work environment where we successfully manage over 175 clients in the House of Representatives (thats over 1/3 of the House!). Our beautiful office is in the heart of the city, just blocks from the Capital One Arena and the National Mall.
We have the best of both worlds: we look and act a lot like a start-up (nimble, jeans-friendly, great snacks!), but we are not struggling to find product / market fitinstead we are actively solving big challenges for our customers while we continue to grow our base. That means that we have the stability of a well-established company with structure - for starters a cool office in a great location, terrific benefits - while at the same time theres the exciting vibe of a growing company. And our team loves our signature Fireside Fun activities each month, that include happy hours, ropes courses, cooking classes, and baseball games (even during rain delays).
Fireside offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure were all FN owners. We work hard, so our open vacation policy helps us ensure youre getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
If this job and our culture sound like what you are looking for, we would love to hear from you!
Fireside values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Fireside is an EEOC employer.
Fireside uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.