Cloud Platform Engineer, SAP Fieldglass at SAP (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-14 05:01:24
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
As a Cloud Platform Engineer and member of our CloudOps team, you will be at the forefront of architecting, securely designing and running the next generation of SAP Fieldglass platforms across cloud IaaS and PaaS services around the world. By partnering and collaborating with colleagues across technology teams, you will play a key role in guiding efforts around each platforms best practices, enrolling colleagues in your designs and building high-performance, secure and distributed global platforms at scale to support our customers. The Role:
- Design, build and run the platform strategy for microservices and traditional 3-tier service architectures including IaaS, PaaS services for Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba and SAP Cloud Platform.
- Guide research & design / PoC efforts for latest public cloud, on-premise and hybrid architectures.
- Engage, influence and improve our culture of learning, including participation and driving best practices and principles based on industry experience, trends and self-discovery.
- Collaborate with multiple technology teams to deliver highly-available, performant and secure platforms across multiple regions.
- Participating with OnCall rotation and support activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 years of total work experience
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- 3+ years of experience designing & implementing production-grade services in public cloud providers
- 2+ years of experience scripting (e.g. Bash, Python, NodeJS, etc.)
- Experience in public cloud IaaS and PaaS architectures, patterns and service offerings across Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba and SAP Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of container runtimes and formats such as Docker and OCI
- Exceptional experience with Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code, custom resource definitions and Kubernetes operators (CKAD, CKA or CKS is a plus)
- Working knowledge of SAP Gardener Platform
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (e.g. Travis, Argo), with a GitOps mindset of leveraging automation over manual interference
- Comfortable adapting to dynamic technologies, a self-starter, and a passion for technology and cloud
- A commitment to Agile (Scrum), DevOps and NoOps principles and practices
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAPs culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone regardless of background feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected].
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:293001 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - USA