.NET Developer / Analyst at NYC Office of the Comptroller (New York, NY)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-15 05:00:41
Position: .NET Developer / Analyst
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
Bureau/Division: Bureau of Information Systems and Technology
The Bureau of Information Systems and Technology (BIST) provides a full range of technology support services for key business functions and charter mandated responsibilities of the Comptroller’s Office. These services include: technology strategic planning, web site development, graphic design, disaster recovery, systems development, network administration, audio/visual services, business process re-engineering, change management, program management, security administration, help desk, computer operations, telecommunications, and document management.
The position is intended to support technology implementations (examples include a portfolio reporting/reconciliation platform and a CRM), participate in and/or lead efforts in defining new technology requirements and leverage existing technology (e.g. data warehouse) to improve the operational capabilities of the Bureau of Asset Management (BAM). BAM manages a $260B multi-asset class investment portfolio in a complex environment that provides investment services to five separate pension funds. The position will reside in BIST but is dedicated to the support of the $260B NYCRS pension funds.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Application Development, the responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, develop, test, support and deploy custom web applications in a .NET environment;
- Implement technology solutions which will drive process improvement and data standardization;
- Analyze, design, develop, test and support custom applications in a variety of environments;
- Working with area managers, identify functions which will benefit from the application of technology solutions and implement those solutions or make recommendations for alternative
- Create software documentation and update existing documentation;
- Ensure compliance with the documented software processes and procedures throughout the life cycle of software products;
- Research and evaluate software related technologies and products; and,
- Perform other duties as requested by the reporting manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS from an accredited college in computer science, information systems or a closely related field, and four (4) or more years of progressively responsible full-time computer software development experience, preferably, performing functions in the nature of what is listed in the bulleted list of the above job description; or,
- Education and/or experience equivalent to "1" above.
PREFERRED SKILLS IN ADDITION TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of development experience with C#, .NET 4.0/4.5+, MVC4+, Entity Framework, preferably in the Financial Services/Asset Management Pension/Mutual Funds industry on Middle and back Office systems;
- Experience in financial services;
- Track record in defining user requirements and re-engineering processes via the creation and implementation of technology tools;
- Knowledge of all aspects of system development life cycle (SDLC); experience in writing T-SQL queries, views, stored procedures, and functions in MS SQL and creating reports via SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS);
- Familiarity with Web services, XML, XSL, XSLT is preferred;
- Experience with custodial bank reporting tools such as MyStateStreet;
- 2+ years of development experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM;
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
TO APPLY: please visit our website at https://comptroller.nyc.gov/jobs/apply/
Certain residency requirements may apply. We appreciate every applicant’s interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Note: Vacancy notices listed as “Until Filled” will be posted for at least five work days.
The NYC Comptroller’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer