Security & DevOps Engineer at NowPow (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-15 05:00:47
NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago's south side. NowPow's multi-sided platform is a personalized community referral management solution that enables care professionals - social workers, physicians, justice workers - to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals and also directly supports patients, members, and clients in their own self care. NowPow helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
As a Security and DevOps Engineer at NowPow, you will be responsible for NowPow's Azure environment and costs, NowPow's HIPAA compliant security program, and managing our build, automation, and test pipelines.
You will build tools to optimize and manage our Azure cloud environment. You will own NowPow's security program and document, certify, and explain the program to our customers while managing its activities (including automated scanning, penetration tests, and certification processes). You will own and manage our platform automation, including deployment/CI pipelines and build/test automation processes.
As a growing startup, you will need to own all things Azure for our teams and help us to identify missing skills and new processes as our systems grow. You will be responsible for our platform's security, monitoring, and costs.
An ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience using Microsoft Azure as a hosting platform and expertise in using cloud infrastructure frameworks is required.
Monitor and manage the NowPow Platform's Hosting Environment:
- Monitor activity within the NowPow's Azure cloud environment
- Optimize and monitor our costs and plan and implement cost saving initiatives with engineering leadership
- Manage NowPow's system monitoring solutions and help us go from 99% uptime to five-nines (99.999% uptime)
- Monitor and automate platform scaling to improve performance and optimize costs
- Inventory and manage all cloud resources and archive and delete as needed
- Evaluate advancements in cloud technologies and share with our teams
Run the NowPow Platform Security Program:
- Partner with our operations team on HIPAA security and privacy monitoring activities
- Manage NowPow's recurring security activities (including automated scans and tests, penetration testing, etc.Ã¢ÂÂ¦)
- Work with our Sales team on customer security review processes and RFP/RFI questions around security
- Own and document overall platform security and review with customer IT teams as needed
- Evaluate security compliance programs (such as HITRUST, SOC2, etcÃ¢ÂÂ¦) and work across departments to implement and manage
Support our Engineering, QA, Analytics, and Product Support teams:
- Partner with the Architecture and R+D team to test new Azure features and build new solutions as needed
- Automate more of the customer provisioning process with our Product Support team
- Work with our QA team to update our automated testing pipelines and strategy
- Coordinate with engineering to improve our CI build and test pipelines
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of DevOps experience with the Azure cloud infrastructure with extensive cloud infrastructure framework experience required
- CI/CD experience with TeamCity, Jenkins, TFS, or other CI frameworks
- Experience with deployment automation tools (like Octopus or Azure DevOps) is preferred
- Scripting and environment automation experience required
- Experience working with security compliance programs such as HITRUST, SOC2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP and PCI is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable adopting to new technologies quickly
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a company wide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Apply now to join our growing team!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NowPow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NowPow evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit, and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.