Software Verification Specialist - SISW - 259031 at Siemens AG (Saskatoon, SK, Canada)
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-16 05:01:01
Job Title: Software Verification Specialist - SISW - 259031
Job Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Job Category: R&D Software Engineering
At Siemens EDA, the quality of our software is a top priority. We arelooking for a talented software tester to join our technical team at theSaskatoon research & development site.
We developdisruptively differentiated semiconductor chip design CAD software. Ourproducts are used by most of the worlds top 40 semiconductor companies todesign the next generation of chips. We differentiate from other products inour space through machine learning technology and creative algorithms,delivering huge accuracy, coverage, and speed advantages, and we do our productresearch in-house. We are a division of Siemens, which is one of the largestcompanies in the world.
Thisposition is located in brand-new and state-of-the-art offices at InnovationPlace in Saskatoon, SK, Canada.Job Duties
- Workclosely with our product team to identify testing priorities, create test plansfor new features, develop automated tests, and evolve our culture of quality
- Executeand improve our existing test plan in order to minimize the number of bugs thatget released with the product
- Diligentlyensure that all answers produced by the software are correct
- Able tomanually test new features and bug fixes within a complex, desktop application
- Able todevelop automated test cases
- Knowledgeof software testing methods
- Demonstratedexpertise in some or all of the following: Linux, Shell (bash, csh), sourcecontrol (Git), ticket tracking (Jira), continuous integration (Jenkins), Python
- Excellentcommunication skills (both written and verbal) demonstrated through writtentest plans, bug reproduction steps, Jira issue comments, and communicating withteam members
- A teamplayer: An ability to provide and to receive constructive feedback
- Customer-focused;ability to prioritize tasks based on customer experience and ROI
- Willingnessto learn and interested in new challenges
- Nice-to-haveexpertise: Squish, statistics (Monte Carlo analysis), source code inspection(Python, C/C++), static code analysis (Coverity), EDA CAD tools, and releasemanagement
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build abetter future. We need the mostinnovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrows reality. Find out more about the Digital world ofSiemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Canada) ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens sengage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière dêtre un employeur souscrivant au principe de légalité daccès à lemploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste. En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.