Technical Support Engineer at Genetec Austria GmbH (Wien, Austria)
Location: Wien, Austria
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-17 05:00:47
Are you looking to being part of a company where you will be at the helm of your own career? At Genetec you will be encouraged to ask questions, share your ideas and to be independent. We believe that everyone’s voice deserves to be heard and we want you to learn and to grow within your role to maximize your potential. Our family, of over 1500 people globally, is made up of diverse individuals who are passionate about technology and are quick to try new ideas, even if it means risking failure. Most of all, we are all proud to say that we have the privilege to work with some of the coolest, smartest and nicest people we know - Each other!
Is being part of an inclusive, equal opportunity employer important to you? It is for us! Genetec is committed to ensure an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Technical Support Team provide technical support to EMEA Genetec’s customers across all of Genetec’s product line (IP video surveillance, access control, license plate recognition) via email, phone, and text chat.
Our experienced team provides technical support and shares the know-how world-wide to both our customers and our colleagues regarding the video analytics products of Genetec. We work every day on exciting projects and utilize the most advanced state-of-the-art technology in the field.
The Technical Support Engineer must have strong analytical and communication skills. Your experienced co-workers will always share their knowledge with you to make sure you are able to complete your tasks at the highest level of efficiency and precision.
What your day will look like
- Assist in the evolution of our software via bug reports and feature requests
- Respond to customer technical issues received by email, phone, and text chat
- Properly document all customer issues in the Genetec trouble ticket system
- Perform follow-up with customers for calls placed to Genetec’s Technical Assistance Center
- Provide occasional on-site technical support
- Have a full understanding of Genetec’s support contract agreements
- Draft technical documentation and articles
- Escalate customer related issues through the established channels
- Ensure timely resolution of customer issues
- 2-3 years’ working experience in a related field such as computer vision, video surveillance or security
- Through your advanced communication skills, you make professional contact with customers
- Business level proficiency in written and spoken German and English
- Your analytic thinking helps you to follow a structured approach in problem solving
- You can be flexible and multi-tasking
- You are rather precise and able to pay attention to details
- Essential administration and troubleshooting knowledge of the various Windows operating systems (Active Directory, file sharing, IIS, failover clustering, GPO, performance monitoring, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP protocols
- Experience with networking equipment configuration and troubleshooting (switches, routers, etc.)
- Understanding of network storage (SAN, NAS, iSCSI) principles and best practices
- Understanding of server virtualization concepts
Great if you have
- Experience in deployment and troubleshooting of security systems such as :
- CCTV (IP cameras and encoders, video matrices, DVRs, etc.)
- Access control systems (administration of software, reader, controller, wiring, etc.)
- License plate recognition system and concepts
- MCSE, CCNA, SQL Server, VMware, or similar technical professional certifications
- Programming experience with .Net/ C#, Visual Basic, VBScript, PowerShell, or similar technologies
- Experience with Microsoft cloud platform and technologies
Let's talk perks!
- Attractive compensation package
- Employee Performance Bonus Plan
- Flexible working hours
- International working environment
- Centrally located office near Metro station
- Lunch vouchers
- Team Events & Table Soccer