Software Engineer at Formstack (Fishers, IN) (allows remote)
Location: Fishers, IN
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-17 05:00:58
Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 15-year-old company with roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
What You Will Do
- This position will focus on creating, improving, and maintaining features specific to our platform.
- You will collaborate with various teams on a daily basis to make sure we are creating will support both our internal and external customers.
- You will fix bugs, write tests, update technical debt, and maintain our documentation.
- You will work closely with teams to make sure features ship as they are planned and scheduled.
Who You Are
- You are a problem solver and are motivated to learn. You are able to help plan features from problem statements and sometimes loosely defined requirements. You have great communication and aren't scared to share your opinions with team to get to the best possible outcome.
- You are able to break large projects in manageable chunks to make them easier to work on and consume. You can identify roadblocks, maybe not always fix them, but you can call them out so the team can put their heads together to find a proper solution.
- You aren't scared to be wrong and don't always have to be right, ability to leave your ego at the door. You can set measurable goals for yourself and you take operational responsibility seriously. You love solving problems with your team.
- 1-8 years experience working with modern technologies
- Moderate understanding of understanding of C#, Apex, VisualForce, SOQL, Lightning Components
- Beginner to intermediate understanding of React and TypeScript
- Beginner to intermediate understanding of Azure Devops
- Understanding of testing and the ability to write tests
- Ability to use command line tools
- Ability to work remote and with remote team members
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Good customer service skills (internal and external)
- Excellent attention to detail and critical thinking
- The ability to work independently but also work well within a team environment
- The Ability to travel (<10%) for team meetups, conferences, etc.
- On-call duty on a rotating schedule
- Ability to leave your ego at the door
Extra Credit Qualifications
- Full stack experience
- Salesforce Developer certifications
- Experience working with well-performing agile teams
- Experience working on a SaaS product
Salary Range: $75,000 - $85,000 (USD)
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- Retirement accounts with company matching for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud and dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities.
Formstack maintains a policy that Equal Employment Opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, union affiliation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all applicants and employees through all phases of employment, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, treatment during employment, demotion, and termination.
Salary ranges are determined by industry research and trends. Individual salaries are based on skills, experience, and geographical location. Compensation is reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments are made accordingly.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only.We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!