Lead Software Engineer at Isentia (Sydney, Australia)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-19 05:01:06
Isentia is the leading media monitoring, intelligence and insights solution provider in Asia Pacific, helping top-performing communication teams make sense of the world’s conversations in real-time. Our SaaS platform, Mediaportal, ingests enormous volumes of media content and uses streaming data technology paired with and machine learning to deliver media the right content to customers. They can then use the analytics capability to delve deeper into topics of interest. Mediaportal is built using popular technologies like Angular, Node.js, Python, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, and Flink for real-time analytics and data enrichment. What you’ll do as a Lead Software Engineer:
- Work within an agile engineering environment as part of a cross-functional team, you will lead one of our delivery squads and deliver high-quality and well-architected software features according to given business requirements, solutions design, and project timeline.
- Work with the Director of Engineering, product owner, and your own delivery squad to perform task breakdown, time estimation, and task prioritisation.
- You will ensure that your squad is meeting our development standards, following agile software development best practices, and delivering high-quality software features on time.
- You will manage 3-4 software engineers ensuring they have continual mentoring and development and are meeting the expected performance and behaviours.
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in software development with strong data structure and algorithms
- Strong background in object-oriented programming with Python and Java including a solid understanding of Python/Java MVC frameworks and design pattern
- AWS Experience
- Experience with developing, building and deploying container-based application is preferred (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills