Quality Engineer at Displayr (Pyrmont, Australia)
Location: Pyrmont, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-20 05:00:33
At Displayr, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to find and share the stories in their data. We do this by creating software that makes it easy to do all aspects of data analysis and reporting, from simple tables through to machine learning, PowerPoint automation through to online dashboards. Our Engineering team is at the heart of this mission, and we need YOU.
We're a bootstrapped and profitable company - no debt, no external investors. In the last 5 years, we've grown from 11 to 62 people, and we have 1,200+ great clients, from small businesses through to Amazon, Facebook, and Google.
What you will be doing
We are looking for a smart and capable Quality Engineer with an eye for detail, to join our expanding QA team. Not only will you assist us in maintaining and improving the overall quality of our SaaS product offering, but you will also champion our high standard of quality assurance procedures and ensure that we continue to deliver an exceptional experience to all of our users. As an integral member of our QA team, your opinion and ideas are valued and you will have the opportunity to grow with us as a company and make impactful decisions.
Working in alignment with our experienced engineers and product team, some of your day to day tasks will see you:
- Perform manual testing of new features and bug fixes
- Create and maintain automated tests
- Triage test failures
- Collaborate with development teams and partners
- Identify test gaps and improve test plans
- Propose and implement improvements in test systems/processes to improve quality or speed of testing.
- Propose improvements towards embedding quality into development processes
What we need from you
We understand that you are unique, so we don't expect you to have experience with everything mentioned below, but it would be great if you can demonstrate both a breadth of experience with tools that solve similar problems, and a depth of experience in a few.
- 2 years of experience in a software quality assurance capacity (manual and automated testing)
- Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium)
- 1 year of experience in software development in a commercial capacity
- Experience in administration of Windows and Linux
- Ability to analyze and correlate test failures
- Appetite for test automation
- Passion for improving quality of everything, including deployment, security, stability and performance or any other aspect of engineering work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with business and technical audiences
Desirable (advantageous but not mandatory)
- Knowledge of designing, implementing and maintaining highly scalable, configurable and robust quality engineering solutions.
- Familiarity with cloud architecture and cloud networking
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools
- ISTQB foundation certification
- At Displayr you are not just a cog in the large engine. You’ll be able to see the decisions you make have a tangible impact.
- Displayr is entirely bootstrapped and continues to grow safely. We are not driven by Venture Capital, so we decide our own direction, based on what is good for our customers.
- We offer the best we can to our team to help them be the best they can.
- We prefer evidence over intuition, experience, and "best practice". We work hard to make the best idea win, not the idea of the most experienced person.
- We minimize interruptions while being an open book.
- You have unlimited opportunity to learn new skills and technologies and grow in the company.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance based bonus
- Relocation allowance
- Work from home allowance
- Options in the business (join a fast-growing company in its early stages)
- Relaxed workplace and culture
- Select your own equipment
- Flexible working hours
- Training allowance to help you grow your skills
- Head office by the water in Pyrmont, Sydney, with access to pool and tennis court.