Software Engineer - Test & Measurement at Baker Hughes (Groby, UK)
Location: Groby, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-20 05:00:42
Software Engineer - Test & Measurement
Do you enjoy hands-on technical work?
Do you enjoy problem-solving and implementing solutions?
Join our Druck team!
Druck is a global technology company that designs, develops and manufactures the highest quality, most accurate and reliable customized pressure sensing devices and instruments, software to provide innovative products, services and solutions to our customers.
Partner with the best
As a Software Engineer you will design and develop software and hardware platforms for production test and measurement systems. The role ensures compliance to international & regional standards for all designed metrology equipment used during the manufacture of pressure products within our global pressure business facilities. You will collaborate across multi-disciplined teams in a fast paced environment to deliver innovative and creative solutions.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the full life cycle of software engineering activities. (system design, development, installation, commissioning, verification and documentation)
- Developing new test capabilities and increasing process capacity as required by New Product Introduction, Customer Product Opportunities and Transfer of Work activities
- Debugging and problem investigation of software and firmware driven systems
- Shaping longer term process improvements to ensure compliance and increase productivity
- Contributing in the definition of software architecture and design decisions
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Degree or equivalent experience in software or electronics
- Have proven experience in software development using C/C++/C# on a Windows platform
- Have knowledge and experience of digital communication protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, IEEE, RS232)
- Have significant knowledge of hardware level interfaces
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development and implementation
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasionally remote working from home or another work location
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!