Data Analytics Lead at VIOOH (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-23 05:00:05
Role Title: Data Analytics LeadReports to Head of Product StrategyLocation: Hybrid working environment (Remote and Paddington, London)Role Type: Permanent, Full-timeHow do we say our name, well it sounds like 'view'. It's also a lot shorter than saying 'Viewed Impressions for Out Of Home'.
VIOOH is a fast-growing startup that is defining the future of out-of-home advertising.
We are a dynamic team building a global platform which automates the buying and selling of outdoor advertising, enables programmatic trading and delivers dynamic, data-driven content to screens in locations and moments to better resonate with and influence consumers.
We’ve recently redesigned our people strategy to create a future-proof, hybrid and flexible workplace approach. Employees can work in the office (Paddington, London) and from home, empowering all VIOOHers to thrive regardless of location and ensuring we can attract diverse talent to support our global expansion.
Role OverVIOOH VIOOH is hiring a Data Analytics Lead in order to move forward the data strategy at VIOOH. This role will be instrumental in designing and managing VIOOH’s next generation insights (dashboarding, notifications and other data components), as well as lead and develop a new Analytics function at VIOOH.
This is a hands-on, but senior role where the candidate will be responsible for establishing structure, developing the analytics function and building a small team.
The candidate will be working closely with both the Engineering (data and optimisation research) and Product (management and operations) teams.
The Data Analytics Lead will be responsible for managing our data modeling and analysis layer, and bringing insights into our product suite in an accurate, timely and understandable fashion.
Ultimately, the candidate understands the importance of data culture in a modern organisation, and is excited to help move the wider business towards being more data-driven.
What you'll be working on
- Feed and own the data analytics strategy at VIOOH, managing the insights coming into our product suite (including dashboarding, notifications, alerting and reporting).
- Manage the data modeling and analysis layer in a reusable and scalable manner, being responsible for the validity of the data and transforming it into actionable insights.
- Act as a Product Owner on the analytics platform, making sure the metrics and reports are accurate, understandable, well documented and maintained.
- Coordinate on a weekly basis with the Data Engineering team, the Product Managers, the Product Ops Managers, The Optimisation Research Lead, and follow the progress of testing and GTM phases.
- Be the key analytics contact person for all departments, and provide support and guidance for Product, Engineering, Commercial and Finance in deriving and solving analytical questions either through deep-dive analysis or the development of analytical solutions.
What we want from you
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in analytics, and 3 years of experience working with a visualisation tool (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Looker, Quicksight, Superset, Carto, etc.).
- Experience working in / or alongside data engineering teams to deliver data solutions spanning source systems to end-users, and in / or alongside product teams to deliver clear reporting and insights.
- Familiar with Cloud platforms (AWS is a plus), and hands-on with SQL and Python (ideally pySpark).
- Experienced at implementing a modern data analytics stack.
- Comfortable working in an Agile framework (SCRUM / KANBAN), ideally with Jira.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, and experienced at managing multiple stakeholders.
- Experienced at leveraging machine learning capabilities into a product is a plus.
- Previous experience in Programmatic / AdTech is a plus.
VIOOH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.