Intermediate Fullstack Tools Developer at Turbulent () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-23 05:00:07
What You Will Do
As a member of the Star Citizen Tools team, you will mostly work on the Game launcher as well as the crash management pipeline. The team is also in charge of all internal tools to support other teams, including web tools and applications. The team is based in Montreal, but operates primarily online with studios located in the US and UK. Remote is ok as long as your timezone allows you to collaborate properly with the Montreal team.
Your main objectives will be:
- Designing service APIs in order to optimize the crash management functionalities of servers, clients and services on all environments (Dev, QA, Prod) of the game
- Maintaining and developing new features on the Star Citizen Game Launcher: mainly application (frontend and backend) and a more minor part in web (especially backend)
- Developing tools that meet market security standards
- More occasionally, supporting internal tool needs for the Microservices Team of the game (ie. performance measurement and load testing tools)
You will work with the following technologies:
- Web platform and APIs in PHP
You Are Savvy In
- Working in a diversified technological environment. As a fullstack developer, you are more backend oriented but the frontend does not put you off, you know how to be versatile.
- Having a good team spirit. A great atmosphere in your workplace is just as important to you as the excellence of your code.
- Showing autonomy and thoroughness. You adapt to sometimes shifting priorities by managing your schedule, knowing when it becomes relevant to involve other members of your team.
- Demonstrating productivity and efficiency in projects
- Getting things done, sharing best practices in backend development, contributing to the implementation of efficient processes, exploring new technologies
You Have Accomplished
- Relevant programming experience or bachelor's degree in computer science
- 4 years+ of experience in web and/or application development
- Experience with Electron and/or Python; an asset
- Experience in setting up CI/CD pipelines; an asset
- Interest in developing skills with C ++; an asset
- Interest in video games; an asset
You Are Eager To Take On
- Collaborating within the Tools Team on the Game launcher as well as on the crash management pipeline of the AAA intergalactic video game Star Citizen
- Being part of a fast iterating development environment within a tight-knit team. Intermediate to senior, you are looking to meet developers who will continue to bring you further.
- Allowing players to launch the Star Citizen Game at any time by developing a reliable, robust, secure and scalable game launcher
- Developing a technical understanding of the demands coming from Cloud Imperium Games as well as their immediate and longer term impacts on the product
- Dividing work into specific tasks, adequately estimating the effort required to meet delivery deadlines
- Taking an interest in the needs of game Developers and other teams in order to provide tools and applications that optimize their work
Turbulent is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ethnicity, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.