Senior Front End Developer at POWSTER (Los Angeles, CA)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-23 05:00:40
We are a Creative Studio for Movies! Not only do we create most of the official movie-release websites,but we also deliver creative experiences to top global entertainment partners, including major movie studios, broadcasters, music artists and streaming services. Our teams are in both London and Los Angeles (so we are always close to Hollywood).
And now you have a chance to join our amazing team! We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer who can contribute to our studio's technical excellence and champion co-ownership culture! You will build React Applications, develop Web-Components, and if you are up for it, play with WebGL.
- You're delivery focussed, able to take ownership, self organise and mentor others
- You are independent in your work and enjoy picking up new things
- You are a constant learner - reading and absorbing ideas/information
- But you have strong interests in the backend side things (AWS :) )
- You have commercial experience as a member of the engineering team
As the first senior hire based out of our LA office there will be an opportunity to grow and help shape technology direction and strategy and mentor more junior team members to drive best practices.
- Exposure to creative web technologies such as WebGL, Three.js and AR
- Experience with AWS and SQL is a bonus
- Testing orientated (Unit testing/integration testing)
- Aware of differences between browser's and systems API's and their capabilities
And this is what you will be doing:
As you'll likely work on a variety of projects your responsibilities will include:
- Building reusable secure features and applications with a mobile responsive design to help improve the overall product set
- Building creative web applications to support client campaigns
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Assist with and take responsibility for defining structured practices, technical quality standards and maintenance, especially in source code management, building and deployment
- Write technical documentation
- Troubleshoot, debug and resolve bugs and upgrade software
About Powster:Our team in Los Angeles is about 15 (excellent) talents strong.
We work towards two main streams of output:
- Our Creative Products: which include a variety of in-house and client-facing tools for movie discovery and marketing.
- Our Showtimes Platform: which powers the majority of official movie websites across the world boasting all the major movie studios as our clients.
For the last year we have been championing our culture of kindness and we go a long way to make sure your work-life balance stays intact.
We like to think that anything is possible, and if we haven't done it before we'll pull together, work it out and make it happen. This comes from having the drive to make the unseen! When bolstered by the very diverse and strong team we can adapt to anything thrown at us, from technical, interactive builds to large scale video productions.
If you haven't already, take a look at our site https://www.powster.com