Senior Frontend Developer at FieldLevel (San Diego, CA) (allows remote)
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-23 05:00:50
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer that is strong in React, to join a second cross-functional product team.
- 5+ years of experience with React
- You know how to use hooks and make components
- You know how to manage state
You are someone who:
- Is humble in the workplace
- Can defend your ideas
- Doesn't let your ego get in the way
- Is driven by the value you create for customers
- Has great communication skills
- Has an eye for detail
- Thrives in a team environment
What you will work on:
We have over a million members, but the most valuable thing we can bring our members is more members. Over the next year, we intend to tackle some significant problems related to user acquisition and early experience.
Some of the challenges your team will tackle include:
- Members often don't know how (or even why it would benefit them) to invite the coaches and athletes in their life to join them on FieldLevel.
- Many of our members don't get an "aha" during their first mile and miss out on the great value and connections that a bought-in member might get.
- It's hard to know what is going on inside FieldLevel because of how much content is behind a login. We want to make it easier for prospective members to get value and understand why they should join.
How we work:
We don't hand you a spec and throw it over the wall.
You will participate in the entire process, from discovery to delivery. The team will brainstorm, collect data, conduct interviews with existing users to hone the solutions, create prototypes, measure, iterate, QA, and deliver.
We take small breaks between delivery cycles to address technical debt, learn new tech, and connect with our peers to strategize the future of our platform.
We deploy features, bug fixes, tests, and updates all day, every day. CI / CD automated to production. We are agile, but we do not strictly adhere to Agile.
Tech Stack & Tools:
- React + StoryBook , TailWindCSS, AngularJS(deprecating)
- .Net C#, SQL Server, Redis
- Azure, Docker + Docker Swarm
Why You Should Join Us:
- We offer a supportive and empowering work environment
- Provide a development process that values work-life balance and measures success by outcomes rather than output
- We are dedicated to your professional growth.
- Work remote, in office, or both.
- Generous vacation policy + 10 Paid holidays and the days between Christmas and new years
- 1 week of sick leave each year
- Multiple team-building off-sites per year
- Attend conferences & trainings of your choosing
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully paid medical (HMO, PPO, Kaiser options) and Dental for you, your partner, and your children
- Life Insurance and Disability coverage
- 401K Matching
- Stock options