Senior Frontend Software Engineer (Remote Options) at WELL Health Inc. (Los Angeles, CA)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-24 05:00:28
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare and ranked #170 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies.
WELL is looking for an experienced Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. You will work directly alongside a team of bright and motivated frontend engineers.
Your primary role will be assisting in developing core functionality on the product. You will also help drive team discussions and decisions around processes and technologies to improve code quality, user experience and team velocity. There are many opportunities to make a significant impact and grow as an engineer.
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams, including Product, QA, and UX
- Break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks using agile methodologies
- Build out new features and functionality on the WELL platform
- Actively drive team discussions to define and implement new technologies and coding standards
- Manage the operational deployment of a scalable frontend application
- Write high quality, effective tests to prevent bugs and grow test coverage, in order to improve product stability, and increase team velocity
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) with a strong grasp of CS fundamentals
- 4+ years building enterprise web applications using several frameworks including React in a professional environment
- 2+ years React JS experience
- Experience with unit testing frameworks including Jest
- Deep understanding of build systems and tools such as Webpack
- Ability to translate designs into mobile friendly styles using preprocessors such as SASS
- Expertise in working with a range of APIs (REST, websockets, etc.)
- Eager to solve challenging problems regarding algorithms, data structures, and web application performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the following tools or technologies:
- Redux, React Hooks
- AWS services such as Cloudfront, Lambda, and S3
- Typescript or another strongly typed programming language
- Database systems such as Redis, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Query languages such as graphQL
- Component libraries such as Kendo UI
- Experience working with distributed teams
- A history of working with Scrum processes
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and is opening an office in Los Angeles later this year. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office regularly, and we’ve found that works best when they are on the West Coast, specifically in Southern California. We are happy to discuss any WFH preferences with the right candidate.
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.