EMBEDDED LOW LEVEL SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - JUNIOR at Mannarino Systems and Software Inc. (Montreal, QC, Canada)
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-24 05:00:50
MANNARINO Systems & Software Inc. holds over 20 years experience in designing, developing, verifying and certifying real-time embedded software for safety critical applications, thanks to a unique combination of services and COTS products.
MANNARINO Systems & Software Inc. customer base is very large, covering traditional aerospace companies as well as new and exciting markets, including electric propulsion, Urban Air Mobility, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle and autonomous flight.
The MANNARINO culture is focused on high quality, hard work, professionalism and team work within a highly respectful, motivating atmosphere geared towards long-term business growth.
As a member of our team, you will benefit from:
- a comprehensive group insurance and RRSP plan
- a flextime policy with paid overtime
- discretionary bonuses
- a fitness reimbursement program
- other office perks such as catered weekly lunches and free hot beverages (espresso, coffee, hot chocolate and tea)
- regular company outings
MANNARINO is a privately-held Small & Medium Size Enterprise (SME) and was recently awarded the AIAC’s Innovation Technology Award
Career Opportunity and Primary Roles / Responsibilities
- Work with System Engineers, Embedded Application Software developers and MANNARINO customers to specify and design board support software
- M-RTOS product evolutions (including porting to new processor architectures)
- Integrate software onto partners/customers proprietary boards
- Develop robust, reliable, efficient, and testable low-level software interfacing with sensors, actuators and other peripherals
- Develop software documentation in accordance with the project certification requirements/guidelines
- Support the software verification effort
The position is based in Montreal, CANADA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software, Embedded Systems or similar area with software focus.
Academic experience in the following areas:
- Embedded software development in C language
- Real-time operating systems, processor architectures, communication protocols, device drivers, communication buses...
- Knowledge of standard interfaces and interactions between low-level software and hardware blocks (CPU cores, DSPs, special-purpose accelerators, on-chip peripherals, etc.).
Other Desired Competencies
- Knowledge of software development in a safety critical context (RTCA DO-178, EN 50128, IEC 62304)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous testing processes
- Experience with debugger probes
- Experience with software drivers and protocols
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Occasional travel required to customer sites (usually within North America)
- Possibility of assignment to customer site within the Montreal area
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
At MANNARINO, we believe that passion and a desire to learn is crucial. Diversity of thought and experiences leads to innovative solutions and creativity. This is why we would like to encourage all those interested to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be held in strictest confidence.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.