Automation Engineering at Geotab (Oakville, ON, Canada)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-24 05:01:00
What you’ll do: As an Automation Engineering your key area of responsibility will be automating manual processes through your expertise in hardware and software integration in order to increase accuracy and efficiency. You will be responsible to document detailed automation processes for both new and current products/projects. You will also need to participate in new product introduction projects and suggest opportunities for any automated processes. You will need to work closely with Geotab’s Testing and Production teams. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through completion.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Design and/or integrate hardware to improve the production process.
- Design, develop software to automate tasks that will reduce manual work and increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Document detailed automation processes for both new and current products/projects.
- Participate in new product introduction projects and suggest opportunities for any automated processes.
- Store and analyze data to provide real-time progress of each automated process.
- Maintain up-to-date technical documentation and the technical testing repository.
- Participate in establishing best practices, templates and tools to expand team capabilities.
- Interface with management and other engineering teams.
- Help to streamline operations for efficiency, cost saving, safety and reliability.
- Publish reports documenting the design details of new projects and qualification test results.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma specialization in Engineering, preferably Mechatronics.
- 1-3 years of electronics manufacturing/automation design experience.
- Experience with system-design platforms and coding in C#.
- Knowledge of electronic circuits and components.
- Knowledge of debian-based Linux Operating Systems (Ubuntu, Raspbian, etc.)
- Experience with Python development.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry an asset.
- Ability to support the complete project lifecycle independently with strict time constraints.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to fast changing priorities and deadlines.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must stay relevant to technology and should have the flexibility to adapt to the growing technology and market demands.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve to well-judged decisions.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.