Software Development Engineer at Appspace Inc. (Dallas, TX) (allows remote)
Location: Dallas, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-24 05:01:09
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Dallas, TX, Appspace's platform helps organizations build an exceptional workplace experience with simple communication and space management tools. With offices in the US, UK, UAE, and Malaysia, plus remote experts in a dozen other countries, we provide global support to thousands of customers that trust us to help them communicate with their teams and modernize their workplace experiences.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining software code in accordance with requirements and specifications, established or defined quality and performance standards, and within delivery timelines.
- Develop clean, readable, and maintainable software code
- Create unit-testable code with corresponding unit tests
- Take part in estimating effort for work assigned
- Participate in initiatives that improve processes and/or procedures that contribute to performance effectiveness and efficiencies
- Communicate work progress and all (work-related) pertinent information in an accurate and timely manner
- Any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related discipline, or a minimum of six years of professional development experience
- 4+ years of working experience in an agile software development environment
- Familiarity with test suites such as Jasmine and Jest
- Experience with NestJS, Angular, and cloud technologies a plus
Appspace Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, compensation, and training are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, marital status, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, sexual orientation, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local laws. Appspace is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.