Full Stack Engineer at Capital Group (Seattle, WA)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-24 05:01:14
Req ID: 40962 Location: Seattle, WA Other location(s): Seattle (WA); Los Angeles (CA) Relocation benefits offered: No Travel required: None"I can be myself at work."You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more."I can influence my income."You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses)."I can lead a full life."You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
- BS in Computer Science or related fiel
- Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc...)
- Willingness and ability to own all stages of the development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support.
- Experience with AWS services (S3, containers - ECS & EKS, ElasticSearch, Lambda) AWS technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, Glue, Airflow, Firehose, EMR, EKS/ECS.
- Experience with writing unit test and integration (e2e) test scripts and debug code to fix issues.
- You have a background in data and software engineering and a passion to learn.
- You've made mistakes in the past and have learned a lot from them. You apply this learning regularly.
- You believe there are generally multiple ways to solve a technical problem, each with different trade-offs.
- You approach projects, tasks, and unknowns with curiosity, and enjoy sharing what you know and what you learn with the people around you.
- You believe that a team is strongest when it is diverse and includes multiple perspectives.
- You have some experience in managing dependencies and uncertainty in large, long-term multi-team programs
- You are able to put yourself into your customer's shoes. You frequently immerse yourself in the customer experience to understand how you can better serve them.