DevOps Engineer at SSE (Reading, UK)
Location: Reading, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-27 05:00:47
Base Location: Reading, Berkshire, Havant, Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £51,946 - £68,603 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
To analyse system requirements and to design, test, code and modify very complex programmes and scripts to agreed company standards. Undertakes technical leadership (high level business analysis and application design) and co-ordination on projects, and/or system maintenance tasks. Defines development standards in line with specifications.
To join a team of developers working in Agile in a project that is building a new Digital platform.
1. As an Azure DevOps Engineer you will be designing, building, testing, automating, monitoring andsupportingsignificantcomponents withinamoderndigital service platform in production environments.
2. Implementing modernContinuous Deliveryprocessesfor releasing software to production.
3. Applyingindustrybest practicesand patternsacross infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
4. Applying your experience/knowledge ofcloud computing in buildingapplications using Azure
5. Working end-to- end on full SDLC from a DevOps perspective covering the setting priorities and managing systems, undertaking complex systems designs, diagnosing and resolving problems with applications systems, coding programs, TDD, Unit Testing
6. Managing a team of Analyst Programmers (Optional)
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. Multiple Agile environment full SDLC under your belt from a DevOps Engineering perspective using with a preference for building applications with Azure DevOps experience (though open to other DevOps tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity etc) and in troubleshooting cloud integrations (.NET Framework, C#, Azure Function Apps, Azure Service Bus, Azure Logic Apps)
2. Extensive experience in Build & Release Management, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD), ideally using Azure DevOps (pipelines, repos, releases) to release software to production
3. Experience in deployments using containers ( Docker / Kubernetes ) and in Infrastructure as Code deployments using Terraform and ARM templates
4. Applyingindustrybest practices, automationand patternsacross infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
5. Experience in configuring and using Monitoring tools to support the releases (any tools but preference for Azure monitor, App Insights, Log Analytics).
6. Experience in integration of SonarQube or other code scanning tools in the CI/CD pipelines welcomed
About our Business
SSE Business Energy's core business is supplying energy in a reliable and sustainable way to over 500,000 business customers in the UK ranging from start-ups to large national corporates. Through leveraging the strengths of the SSE Group SSE Business Energy is able to support our customers to adopt a sustainable business approach through the provision of renewable energy, energy optimisation services and advice on how to use sustainability to drive business advantage. We work in partnership with all our customers to ensure that they are maximising the value from their energy contract and are using energy as a value generating asset that can influence better planning, greater cost control, improved working and product environments, reduced carbon footprint, stronger brand equity and more engaged staff.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact [email protected] / 01738 275846.
EXTERNAL ONLY: If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
INTERNAL ONLY: Please notify your current line manager, before submitting an application.