Software Engineering Manager at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-27 05:00:52
Intel's Ethernet Products Group (EPG) is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to its Network Acceleration Team. This team is developing IPDK for programmable Infrastructure Processing Units (IPUs) for infrastructure acceleration workloads. Your responsivities will include: As a manager, set priorities for the team, get results across boundaries, ensure an inclusive work environment, develop employees, and manage performance. Manages a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers, architects, technical writers and technical consultants who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support. This might include systems software, drivers, high performance computing, development tools, enterprise applications, consumer applications or user interfaces. May also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
QualificationsManages a team of software professionals who are responsible for building IPDK Software stack for IPUs(Infrastructure Processing Unit)/smartNICs supporting Linux, Windows and VMWare ESX OSs. Provides technical guidance and oversees execution of Software development.
- As a manager, set priorities for the team to get results across boundaries. Ensure an inclusive work environment.
- Focus on employees engagement and manage performance Plans, Provides resources and manages engineering team to meet schedules, quality standards and cost.
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems. Plans tasks and solutions.
- Provides guidance on employee development, performance and productivity issues. Plans and schedules daily tasks. Uses judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Driver, firmware and hardware teams to enable and debug the issues identified by the team. Essential skill set: B.Tech/M.Tech (Computer Science or Electronics Engineering) :
- 8+ years Experience in managing a team independently is a must Should have experience in managing multiple projects
- Should possess good verbal written communication and presentation skills Should possess ability to interact with various stakeholders including silicon teams and program managers In depth knowledge in network concepts
- Experience of writing network control plane software for SmartNIC solution is desired Experience in network OS internals such as SONIC is desired Experience in standard network interface APIs such as SAI, Openflow, P4 PI is big plus. Being able to understand and debug performance bottlenecks is essential. Experience in open source technologies such as P4 language, P4 Runtime and P4 PI and compiler concepts is also a big plus.
- Experience of writing low-level software and firmware for SmartNIC solution is desired. knowledge of OVS/ODP/DPDK etc and virtualization technologies at system level and processor level (such as Intel VT-d) Experience in porting OVS, DPDK etc on newer platforms (could be ASIC, FPGA or a new GPP) is also a big plus. Familiarity with Linux kernel and Linux networking stack highly desired.
- In depth C/C++ programming language skills and data structures Good knowledge in multi-threaded programming model and software debugging for performance Knowledge in HW/SW interfacing API development Experience in working with P4 OVS and OpenFlow network architecture Knowledge of P4 based network device programming and P4 Runtime Good understanding of data representation language such as JSON and Python scripting
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.comand not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.