Network Software Engineer at Intel Corporation (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-27 05:00:54
Job DescriptionIntel's Ethernet Products Group (EPG) is seeking a Network Software engineer to join its Network Acceleration Team. This team is developing run time stack for programmable Infrastructure Processing Units (IPUs) for infrastructure acceleration workloads. Your responsivities will include: Performs network product design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications. Assignments include development of new programs and subprograms, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. Duties include designing application, writing code, completing programming and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results. May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documentation of work and results. These positions develop software applications for external customers.
- B. Tech with 8+ years / M. Tech with 6+ years in Computer Science Engineering Experience in open source technologies such as P4 language, P4 Runtime and P4 PI and compiler concepts is also a big plus.
- Experience of writing network control plane software for IPU solution is desired.
- Experience in programming IPU ASICs is a big plus. Porting OVS, DPDK etc on newer platforms (could be ASIC, FPGA or a new GPP) is also a big plus.
- Familiarity with Linux kernel and Linux networking stack highly desired. Being able to understand and debug performance bottlenecks is essential.
- Experience in writing HAL (hardware Abstraction Layer) is also a big plus In depth knowledge in Ethernet, TCP/IP and Network stack
- Experience in working with P4 OVS and OpenFlow network architecture Knowledge of P4 based network device programming and P4 Runtime Good understanding of DPDK libraries, RTE formats
- Knowledge in compiler concepts such as parsing, Intermediate representation, Optimization, Resource allocation and code generation In depth C/C++ programming language skills and data structures
- Good understanding of data representation language such as JSON and Python scripting
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.comand not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.