Senior Back End Engineer at Trepp, LLC (San Francisco, CA)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-27 05:01:07
Trepp is looking for an individual to join our Data Engineering Group as a Senior Back End Engineer. We provide a collaborative team environment where our technologists work closely with product and subject matter experts in addition to other technology team members and are empowered to impact the organization through leadership, creativity, and innovation.
The Data Engineering Group at Trepp is responsible for the design and development of our best-in-class data lake and delivering modern data API solutions. The team will be responsible for existing data pipelines and systems while simultaneously developing new data services. This team, combined with our Product Groups are constantly innovating and improving ways to deliver information to our clients to make our tools and applications easier to use, and better integrate with customer workflows.
We value being able to think up new solutions to problems and be able to develop prototypes and POCs to validate ideas quickly. You will be challenged to think creatively for the best solutions to any given project.
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will be part of a Data Engineering team whose mission is to prototype, test and release new API resources for Trepp’s internal and external client use. As a Senior Back End Engineer, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary, multi-region team of developers, designers, product managers to deliver solutions at scale. As part of this role, you will:
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices as they relate to API and web applications across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, and source management
- 5+ years of experience with REST API design & development
- Experience working to refactor and modernize existing solutions to improve scalability, durability, and performance
- Comfortable being given clear project goals & objectives, and being empowered for discovering optimal solutions and project estimates
- Support applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Deployment strategies. Understands the process and tooling required to implement
- Establish, participate, and maintain relationships with business units, customers and subject matter experts in order to remain apprised of direction, project status, architectural and technology trends, risks, and functional/integration issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, equivalent degree or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of professional programming experience working in engineering departments developing in Java, Python, node.js, or equivalent.
- Strong experience building web applications, knowledge of best practices in design and architecture patterns.
- Proficiency in NodeJS, Typescript, Python and Elasticsearch
- Strong knowledge creating APIs. Knowledge using web sockets.
- Experience in API Layer – security, designing spec, throttling, caching, logging, performance tuning
- Experience in creating REST API documentation using Open API or similar tools
- Experience developing and creating architectures taking advantage of cloud services and capabilities
- Break down a determined use case into discrete MVPs (minimal viable products).
- Communicate clearly and effectively to other team members and project stakeholders. Strong documentation skills (Markdown, you like GitHub READMEs).
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Knowledge in backend frameworks
- Good communication skills with ability to present technical solutions and demos to non-engineering audiences
- Knowledge of entitlements and Authorization systems to manage data and API access
- Knowledge in Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of service API frameworks
Trepp, LLC, founded in 1979, is the leading provider of information, analytics and technology to the CMBS, commercial real estate and banking markets. Trepp provides primary and secondary market participants with the web-based tools and insight they need to increase their operational efficiencies, information transparency and investment performance. Trepp serves its clients with products and services to support trading, research, risk management, surveillance and portfolio management. Trepp is wholly-owned by DMG Information, a division of the Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT).