Senior React developer at Storable () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-07-28 05:00:07
Storable is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who strives to deliver high quality software that powers our high traffic marketplace websites. Storable engineers own the entire development process, from working with the product and design team members to define the problem, through development, deployment, testing and monitoring. Marketplace engineers deploy code frequently and work on projects that directly impact clients, consumers, and businesses outcomes.
What you'll get to work on everyday:
- Work closely with UX designers to create new components
- Implement event tracking and user A/B testing
- Use the latest techniques to optimize sites for speed and improved user experience
- Develop new features through the full stack of React websites, NodeJS middleware, and backend microservices
- Lead and contribute to design decisions for RESTful APIs that scale
- Contribute to overall code and product quality and performance by developing automated tests and monitoring
- Collaborate with team members on solutions and participate in pair programming and code reviews
- Encourage best practices demonstrating how to create effective designs and write maintainable, reusable code
What you need to bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related degree program or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional Software Engineering experience
- Experience developing browser based user interfaces in React
- Experience working with and developing APIs
- Strong SQL and understanding of relational databases
- Familiarity with no-SQL data stores
- Solid tech skills around the basics: software design patterns, implementation, unit testing, debugging
- Strong written and verbal communication skills showing an ability to interface with business stakeholders and engineers
- Willingness to take ownership and dig deep to understand the product and how changes affect end users
- AWS cloud experience, S3, EC2, etc
- Experience with Symfony or other modern PHP framework
- Storable is a distributed-first company, but is only registered for employment in a certain number of states. In order to be considered you must permanently reside in the following states to be eligible for employment:
Primary States: Texas, Colorado, North Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, PennsylvaniaSecondary States: Georgia, Arizona, Alabama, Mississippi Louisiana, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Virginia
All applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Benefits and Perks:
- Generous health coverage for you and your family, including short- and long-term disability coverage, 401(k) and HSA matching, company-provided life insurance, and more.
- Engage remotely! Storable is a distributed-first environment and we run regular contests, trivia games and remote happy hours!
- Instant-Access & Flexible vacation. We trust you, so we have a ‘take what you need’ vacation policy. No waiting to use it or need for accruals.
- Do More, Be More – Company rewards and recognition that add up and can be redeemed for once-in-a-lifetime Bucketlist experiences!
- $250 New hire Stipend to go towards any WFH needs + $50/month home internet stipend
- Competitive salary + 2 promotion cycles a year you are eligible for
Storable is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Storable will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.